Lt Jovenan – We saw you from across the bar and really dig your vibe

Jovenan

Jan 25, 2024, 8:59:59 AMJan 25
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((The Fifth Chalice, Oxeania Commercial District, Tharazad, Betazed))

Jovenan suddenly began to turn her head around mid-conversation. She was looking for someone, she wasn’t sure yet whom, just someone suitable for her intentions. After spotting him across the bar, she turned back to Lieutenant Sadar in front of her. She had decided she would help the anxious Doctor in her journey to becoming an integral part of the Artemis family.

Jovenan: One of the things I learnt while becoming a Lieutenant is how important it is not to fear your colleagues and superiors. Maybe I could help you get to know some of them? It would be a lot easier if you had someone with you for it. ::turns head, points, then turns back to Sadar:: Have you met Lieutenant Silveira yet?

Sadar: I, uh-

Did she hesitate? What for…

Silveira: Lieutenant’s. My congratulations.

Jovenan was surprised that Vitor had joined them without her noticing. Had he noticed her looking from him, or was it a mere coincidence? Either way, she hoped the Doctor was open to meeting him right now, because she didn’t want to drive either of them away either. Who knows, maybe they’d become great friends!

Sadar: Th-Th-Thank you, Sir.

Jovenan: Thank you, Vitor! I suppose I can’t call you a sir anymore now that we’re the same rank. ::extends hand towards Sadar:: Have you had a chance to meet Doctor Sadar before?

Jovenan remembered that she had been briefly in the same team with both of the other officers, taking over the bridge from the other Vitor and his Desdemonan lackeys, but she didn’t know if the two had talked to each other besides that one occasion.

Silveira: I already had the pleasure Nan. ::he nodded to Sada.:: I owe you one apology Sada, I never managed to get us that cooking date we talked about.

A cooking date? A mildly confused expression arose to Jovenan’s face as her gaze shifted from one colleague to another.

Sadar: Th-That’s okay. I-I’ve been working, so… Rain check?

Jovenan had clearly underestimated the relationship between the two. It was actually rather embarrassing for her that she had thought she would be introducing two people to each other when they were clearly at least friends by now.

Jovenan: Oh, I didn’t know you two already had plans. Well, good luck for your date when you get there!

Hiro had once invited Jovenan for a sibling night, during which they had made food and played a guessing game. She had had much fun with him back then, and if Vitor’s and Sadar’s cooking date was anything similar, she had no doubt it would be a lovely evening for both of them.

Vitor smiled.

Silveira: Why don’t we make it a threesome? I never tried Edo food, what better way to get three Lieutenants together around a cooking fire.

A… threesome?

Cooking and dining with the two people she was beginning to like sounded wonderful. However, she felt like she might be invading the privacy of this pair of friends should she accept. She didn’t want to cause their date to become awkward by her presence.

Jovenan: Thank you, but I wouldn’t want to be the third wheel…

Sadar: ::hesitant smile:: Y-You’d be most welcome. Though, uhh, as I’ve already told Sil-net, I’m, uhh, not a particularly talented cook… Please temper your expectations with that in mind… ::considers:: N-None of you are allergic to seafood or shellfish, right? Most of our food is piscetarian.

Jovenan smiled. Since they both were willing for her to join them, she had no reasons to object.

Jovenan: Well then… I’m not allergic to anything, as far as I’m aware, though I don’t eat sea food often. I tend to eat only plant-based foods. I’m not sure if I’ve ever had shellfish either. ::looks at both:: But I’d like to taste anything you two can offer!

Silveira: Response

Sadar: No, but it does sound interesting…

Jovenan nodded.

Jovenan: It does. Sounds like Vitor is going to be the one of us who creates all the best delicacies! ::smiles:: I’m not much of a cook, but I think I can try some simple recipes from home.

Silveira/Sadar: Response

Jovenan: Well, um, I’m not exactly certain about my timetables with my new position, but I’m sure I’ll have some evenings open. If not, the next shoreleave for certain.

She also hadn’t heard anything about their next mission yet either. For all she knew, it might be something easy like a basic diplomatic ferry duty that doesn’t require a science officer, a tactical officer and a doctor as much. They might even have something calm and relaxing after all the action they faced during the previous one. Who knew.

Silveira/Sadar: Response

TAG/TBC
----
Lieutenant Jovenan