Ens Chevalier - Don’t know if I am, part 2

CPT Arianus

Mar 18, 2024, 8:34:14 PMMar 18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Bridge, USS Artemis-A, “Present Day” ))

The pain was gone.

That was the first thing Jaseb realized. He took a deep breath… He was breathing… He… lived.

oO But how? Oo

The impact almost threw Jaseb off the chair.

Adea: Sitrep!

That voice didn't seem real. Was it… but how is that possible?

Jaseb finally realized where he was. Artemis bridge…

Jaseb looked down and saw a familiar console. His console, the console he'd operated every shift he'd had on duty on the bridge for the past few months.

The data on it made no sense to him. Not that he didn't understand them, he just... didn't have the coherence to be able to assess the situation.

Chevalier: Damage on decks eleven and twelve. Emergency force fields are in place. DC teams are en route, sir!

Yellir/Kel: Response

Jaseb looked up at the pulsating yellow lights above him. Was the ship under attack? Had they hit an asteroid? Or an anomaly? No, it was a ship that hit them.

He was interrupted by a beep from his console, signaling a report from comms.

Chevalier: Sir, we have an incoming transmission!

Adea: Bring it onscreen!

Yellir/Kel: Response

Jaseb waited for his colleagues to finish their reports. Meanwhile, he adjusted the system's power redistribution before confirming transmission.

Chevalier: Aye sir, transmission on screen.

The person on the display appeared perfectly normal. Jaseb had expected to see a Jem'Hadar, Orion, Cardassian, or even a Changeling or Romulan, but not a regular human or Betazoid. Even if the person on the screen was not wearing a Starfleet uniform, their attire had a military look to it.

Adea: Tevet? What’s going on?

Jaseb shifted his attention back to the captain, or more specifically, to Commander Adea.

oO Wasn't Adea a doctor? Shouldn't MacKenzie be here... or at least Dakora? Oo

Elain/Yellir/Kel: Response

As Jaseb focused on the person on the screen, a sense of dread crept over him. His surroundings felt unfamiliar, and his mind struggled to comprehend the situation. Was he dreaming, or was this his new reality? Questions swirled in his head as he tried to make sense of the perplexing scenario.

He looked back at his console but realized that even if he comprehended, it didn't matter.

oO I’m dead, and this is hell. Or maybe? Computer, end simulation? No? Yeah, I’m in hell… Oo

Adea: Response

TAG/TBC

--

Ensign Jaseb Chevalier