Ens. Gnai - I Wood Like To Make Like A Tree And Leaf, Sir

Lich

Apr 16, 2024, 1:17:16 PMApr 16
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((CMO's Office, Sickbay, Deck 7, USS Artemis-A))

Commander Adea had suggested that Gnai find something fun to do, in response to the stress that it was feeling from the previous mission. It was all well and good as a suggestion, particularly the part about visiting DS9, which Gnai had already planned to do eventually, but it wasn't sure where to go. This was a whole, massive station, full of history and aliens and things to do and see. There was no way that Gnai would be able to see it all in one shore leave, especially not with the obligations that it already had to get settled in on the Artemis.

So, why not flip it back onto the commander? If he had suggestions, Gnai would be more than willing to explore them.

Gnai:  ~ Have you ever been to the station, sir? Do you know what places might be of interest? ~

Adea: ~ I’ve been past, but never really stopped. I don’t know much about it, but I imagine it has an arboretum, which I would be interested in visiting. ~

An arboretum... an interesting proposal. Gnai had been to the botanical gardens in San Francisco, as a small excursion with its peers, back in the early days at the Academy. The trip had been interesting, but Gnai's classmates had been far more interested in the plants' biology than it had been. It far preferred the stories that had been inscribed on the plaques sticking out above the leaves.

Gnai: ~ There's an arboretum on the station? Hm. That could be interesting to see? ~

Gnai watched as Cmdr. Adea held out a finger.

Adea:  ~ Why don’t you join me for a stroll along the arboretum? Tomorrow, about midday? I can bring Toto and we could get lunch? ~

Gnai paused, considering the offer. An invitation to wander with the CMO? It would probably be a good idea to make a better impression on him than what he saw on the mission and outside of the clinical realm of check-ups. Making friends with the others on the ship was a good idea. It slowly started to pulse with a dim light.

Gnai: ~ That sounds good. Who is... Toto? ~

Adea: ~ Response ~

Pets were another thing that Gnai found strange. They really didn't have a concept of pets within the Galadoran species. In their flight to Galador II from their previous system, there had been little room for frivolous things or beings. Anything that was brought with was either a Galadoran or part of their food chain.

Gnai: ~ I ::whole:: have had little interaction with canines... ::pause:: That isn't to say that I ::partial:: wouldn't be interested in meeting one...? ~

Adea: ~ Response ~

Gnai: ~ Thank you for the reassurance. That works for me ::partial:: then. ~

It wasn't as if there was much of a schedule to its days during shore leave. That should be easy to slot in!

Adea: ~ Response ~

Gnai: ~ Is this check-up done now, sir? ~

It was, needless to say, still not completely comfortable hanging around sickbay. Even though it could speak the way it wanted to speak and Cmdr. Adea wasn't asking weird questions. There was just something about being in a place where one went primarily for illness or injury that wasn't relaxing, in its mind. The arboretum visit would be far more enjoyable.

Adea: ~ Response ~

Tags/TBC

--
Ensign Gnai