ENS Chevalier - Better to call J

CPT Arianus

Dec 15, 2023, 2:24:23 PM12/15/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Operations Office, Deck 5, USS Artemis-A ))

Jaseb felt a bit overworked. Number of PADDs on his table was a little higher than when he started shift, and a number of
unread and unprocessed requests and messages on his terminal started to slowly attack the third row of numbers.

So, when a guy in red stopped near to Jaseb's workstation, nothing else could make his day better. Even then he tried to smile.

Chevalier: May I help you, ensign...?

Kader: Ensign Chevalier I assume? My name’s Flint Kader. Do you have a minute? I’ve been told you’re the man to talk to when it comes to legal options.

Jaseb smiled even more, and he looked like a newly born sun. His eyes were definitely glowing as a result of newly found happiness in his life.

Chevalier: You are definitely
in the right place, Mr. Kader. I can offer you help with any legal problem you can have. Criminal, military, international, I successfully certified myself at the Academy in all of them. So, as I said. How can I help you today?

Terminal behind Jaseb beeped with a new request. Red notification on screen showed hundred unprocessed low and mid level requests.

Kader: I’m not exactly looking for representation. I just think at this point the opinion of someone not involved in the investigation would be important.

Chevalier: No problem, Mr. Kader. If you are worried about legal fees, You and
I both are a members of Starfleet, so any legal services are free of charge. So...

Terminal beeped again. 102 unprocessed requests.

Chevalier: Wait a second.

Jaseb turned with his chair and quickly forwarded all low level requests to requested stations all around the ship, which cut the number of requests by half. Sometimes that simple bot he installed into the system got handy. He muted the notifications as well, as he had a living, breathing customer. Rare occasion
on deck 5.

Chevalier: So, where we ended. Yeah, legal advice. Kader...Kader... I heard your name somewhere. Maybe I read it somewhere? Yeah, that's more probable. Never mind. Tell me, Mr. Kader, which legal problem you have, so I can fully assess the problem and level of representation you will need.

Kader: Response

Jaseb
in the meantime took a fresh PADD from the table and started to make notes.

Chevalier: Ok, Mr. Kader, I think I start to understand what your problem is. Thing is - your case will definitely fall under the Uniform Code of Justice, so, I will need to know, did you already
provide a statement to any investigation body or to the Captain, in regard to this issue?

Kader: Response

Chevalier: This is
definitely a good thing to start with, next time, ok? I will be honest. It's not good, but it's not the end of the world either. You pleaded guilty to the captain, without any legal representation or another person present. This is really bad and “somehow” good at the same time. I will request the log or recording of your testimony to the captain and we will see if there will be any option to remove it from the evidence. My best guess is that we will not, but at least this will give us some framework to work with. Tell me, Mr. Kader, what is your best expectation? What you want as a result.

Kader: Response

TAG / TBC

--
Ensign Jaseb Chevalier