Ensign Savel - Second Chance Introductions

Savel

Apr 8, 2024, 8:22:12 AMApr 8
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
((Security Center | Deck 08 | USS Artemis))

The Security Center was actually one of the quieter parts of the Artemis under normal conditions. Though Savel had long questioned what was "normal" for the Artemis since his arrival. It felt like he'd spent more time fending off boarders and fighting in wars of the past than he did doing routine security duties. Perhaps the routine on the Artemis actually was going to be dealing with situations of an extraordinary nature. Which then made the extraordinary, ordinary. But if the ordinary was now able to be categorized as the extraordinary that meant-

oOEven I do not have the patience to follow these thoughts.Oo

To keep himself from ending up in a loop of logic vs. illogical, he gave himself a task to focus on. Just before the entire crew of the Artemis was taken through time and space against their will by CloQ, Savel had been trying to get acquainted with one of the newest security officers on board.

Savel: =/\= Ensign Savel to Ensign Kel. When you have a moment, please join me in the Security Center. =/\=

Kel: =/\= Response =/\=

Both of them were on the same duty shift for the day, so Savel didn't believe he would inconvenience the other ensign. He just hoped that there wouldn't be an interruption of the same magnitude as their last.

While he waited on Kel to show up, Savel took a lap around the consoles in the middle of the security center. Various displays showed the status of the ship and monitored some of the security officers deployed on different decks. It was rare, at least during periods of shore leave, that the security department would generate more than a couple of incidents. Otherwise, the decks and corridors of the Artemis were as peaceful as one would expect for a Starfleet vessel.

In fact, the arrival of Kel was the only interesting development in the security center while Savel was stood there. He moved from the center of the consoles to walk towards the Vulcan/Bajoran hybrid.

Savel: Ensign Kel, I hope my summoning of you did not interfere with your duties for the day.

Kel: Response

Savel started to lead the way to the edge of the room, near one of the empty offices that lined the outside of the security center.

Savel: Our introductions to one another were cut short during the ceremony on Betazed, I believe now would be a good opportunity to complete them. I am also aware that without a permanent Chief of Security for you to report to, there may be some specific questions about our department that you have. I would like to answer those for you, should that be true.

Kel: Response

TAG/TBC
Ensign Savel
Security Officer