Lt Jovenan – This is hardly our normal workplace, but welcome to it anyway!

Jovenan

Feb 28, 2024, 3:51:10 PMFeb 28
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Building, Ki Baratan, Romulus))

After seeing a Dominion vessel fly over them towards the Romulan Senate, the Artemis team had to get to moving to restore the timeline. Jovenan still hoped they could avoid having to assassinate or frame the assassination of a Romulan Senator in order to do so, but she also recognized they would more likely be stopped either by the Romulan military or even the Tal Shiar before making it to the Senate. Setting aside her doubts about their plan, and the marvel that they were really in 2374, standing on a planet that had been destroyed for years now, Jovenan followed Doctor Adea and Doctor Sadar into the building as they planned their next move.

Adea: Well we’ll need to find some people… or at least their clothes.

Jovenan: S-sir! We ca… A-are we just going to mug innocent people of their clothes!?

Sadar: Don’t suppose we can find something like a janitor’s uniform or something in a storage closet?

That would still be stealing. Regardless of if they were taking the clothes from a closet or off of people, the punishment back on her homeworld was execution. She understood that the circumstances required some flexibility in their actions, but it was difficult to forget a lifetime of moral code.

Adea: We live in hope, we live in hope.

Moving to the high-rise, Jovenan lowered her voice so she wouldn’t been heard in case there was someone in there to spot them. The Commander had given an order, and that was the law to her now.

Jovenan: ::whisper:: A-aye, sir. Ready, sir…

Sadar: Aye Sir...

They opened a door, entering a room, and to Jovenan’s shock, the space inside was indeed not vacant. At first, she expected a fight, or that they would be captured and their short stay on Romulus would come to an abrupt halt, but then she realised that the person wasn’t exactly a Romulan, nor a Reman or anyone who would legitimately live on Romulus. It was a… uh, a jellyfish person in a mechanical suit.

Adea: Ensign Gnai?

Gnai? Oh, Jovenan remembered reading that name in the list of incoming transfers to her department. She remembered it now, granted she had little reason to believe they would bump up to their newest crewmember in the mid-70s Ki Baratan.

Jovenan: Wait, you’re our new Ensign?

Sadar/Gnai: Response

Adea: Commander Adea - I recognised you from your transfer files. And it’s not very often you’d see a Galadoran on Romulus in a Starfleet uniform. Did CloQ just abandon you here?

Sadar/Gnai: Response

Jovenan nodded, listening to Ensign Gnai’s explanation of how it got here. It made sense, as much as anything could make sense considering that they all had been whisked around the time and space by an omnipotent trickster god. She also began to wonder if there was a particular reason everyone in this particular team was a blueshirt.

Smiling, Jovenan stepped closer to Ensign Gnai.

Jovenan: Hello, and welcome to the crew! I’m Lieutenant Jovenan, I’m the Chief Science Officer, have been for some couple of hours. ::shrug:: We were taken during the promotions ceremony.

Sadar/Gnai/Adea: Response

Jovenan: We’ll have to do the further introductions and explaining on the move. ::to Gnai:: We’ll have to find some way to disguise ourselves, have you happened to see any clothes around here? And, uh, how do we disguise you?

Sadar/Gnai/Adea: Response

Nodding, Jovenan walked to the other door further into the building. After trying to verify that there was no one on the other side by pressing her ear against the door, she cracked the door just enough to see to the other side.

Jovenan: ::whisper:: A staircase, up and down, and a small corridor with another door on the opposite side of us. I don’t think there’s any… Shh! I hear steps! Someone’s coming!

Sadar/Gnai/Adea: Response

TAG/TBC
----
Lieutenant Jovenan