LtJG Gila Sadar - Two Sides of the Anti-Social Coin?

Gila Sadar

May 15, 2024, 3:01:58 PMMay 15
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Primary Sickbay - Deck 7, USS Artemis-A))

Kel: Two weeks, ocular exam and follow up. And between now and then do an intake with the ship’s counselor.

Sadar: Excellent. I’ll update your medical logs, and send a referral to the counseling team to speed up the process. ::makes some notes on her PADD before looking at Kel:: Have you made any plans for relaxation this shore leave?

A face, which Gila presumed had passed over her own face numerous times in her short time of service aboard the Artemis-A, graced the Ensign’s visage as he clearly deliberated on what to tell her about his - presumably - quite void shore leave agenda.

Kel: Truthfully I don’t have anything specific in mind. I’m still fairly new to the ship and not entirely comfortable leaving my bunk for social events. I mainly planned for some meditations and maybe reading a good book or two. I might go to the Klingon Restaurant on the station later, try some gagh. But if there are any social activities planned, I can check them out.

Gila found herself utterly stumped, and feeling entirely inadequate. Considering how often she prescribed proper R&R to her patients, she really ought to have some good examples ready for them when the select few confessed to a lack of such plans!

Sadar: Ah, I’m afraid you’re, uhh, speaking to the wrong Lieutenant for that… ::wrecks her brain:: I, uhh, I’ve heard that some of the crew organize classes in various martial arts and exercises? And as I understand it, Bajor has significant areas dedicated to enjoying nature, if hiking or mountaineering is something you enjoy?

Ensign Kel seemed to consider this.

Kel: I’m not one for hiking or mountaineering, but I do rather enjoy a nice swim. My grandparents mentioned that Bajor has some nice places to swim. Rivers and such.

Sadar: Oh, that is certainly true. The aquatic flora and fauna of Bajor is renowned for the interesting symbiotic relationships in the underwater ecosystems. ::pause:: Reminds me…

She had yet to make some arrangements in terms of a scientific expedition planetside that she was hoping to undertake prior to their departure from the system. She wondered who would prove a good escort for her night-time excursion...

Kel: I should be alright to swim right? Nothing about my eyes would be a problem there?

oO I could make a request from the Security department, maybe? No, that seems silly. It’s not like I’m expecting anything to happen, it’s mostly a precaution. I don’t want to be a burden… Is there anyone on board I could be certain wouldn’t consider it a burden? Wait, a problem? With what? Oo

Slightly delayed, Gila realized that her patient had made an inquiry, and she resolved to shelve her own severely lacking preparations for another time.

Sadar: What? ::blinks:: Oh! No, certainly not. Your eyes respond slightly slower than normal, but so long as you don’t go diving during times of low visibility, nothing to be alarmed about.

Kel: Response

Gila slowly nodded.

Sadar: I do have some recommendations, though my knowledge of Bajoran nature is gained through the scope of potential scientific excursions, not particularly good tourist spots. I can forward a list to your personal terminal in short order?

Kel: Response

Sadar: As you say, Ensign. ::patient smile:: Please, enjoy yourself. I’ll see you at your next appointment.

Seeing her patient off, Gila found herself considering the future development of his health situation. It was likely nothing serious, but better be cautious now than regretful later. Before that though, Gila had her own appointments to make… Now, who would make a good escort who wouldn’t demand too much socializing to acquire?

End Scene for Gila Sadar

LtJG Gila Sadar

Medical Officer

USS Artemis-A