PNPC Ens Kliss'lai - Better Than Dragonflies

notyourfrog

Aug 17, 2023, 1:10:47 PM8/17/23
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Promenade, Cait Spacedock))

Dinner: delicious. Gelato: exquisite. Nerves: absolutely shot. Company: ethereal.

Kliss had somehow managed to not alienate her date! That was a big win to start with, but then it got better: Jozial had asked her if she wanted to spend more time together. As in ... another date! It ws almost too bad Kliss was trying to keep her cool. A joyous squeal would have been entirely appropriate. As it was, she'd blurted out "YES" in response. Now, slightly embarrassed but not backing down from the affirmation, she clarified.

Kliss'lai: Sorry, what I meant was: I would very much like to spend more time with you, Jozial. This evening has truly been incredible ::blushing slightly as she added:: and that's not even considering the food.

Jozial's smile. There was no sight in the known galaxy to compare to that. And she was blushing! Kliss'lai fought the urge to scoop the adorable Trill into a tight cuddle and never let her go.

Renirs: I loved the not-even-considering-the-food as well!

oO I think I'm dying. Can I cuddle her? No, that would be too forward. Be cool, Kliss. I have to do SOMETHING though! She's so pretty. Her skin is so smooth. Her hands are so delicately powerful. Her hands! Yes! Oo

Kliss'lai: Jozial? Would ... would it be ok if I ... can I hold your hand?

The other woman's face had gone a shade darker than her hair. Kliss was afraid to look into those stormy eyes. On one hand, they could be even now conveying a dislike of the suggestion of physical touch. What if Kliss had somehow offended her?

Renirs: I – I – I…

Then Jozial looked away, and Kliss felt like the universe had screeched to a halt. Was that a "no?" The Andorian security officer - able to stare down most enemies - felt her throat begin to constrict. oO Don't cry. Don't cry. Oo But then it happened. With her face still turned away, Jozial raised her hand just enough to be clear in her meaning. Kliss'lai reached out her own hand, feeling her blue fingers lace together with the cream-colored ones.

She felt as if she'd grabbed onto a live power coupling. The tingles that raced through her arm into her chest up into her brain completely overloaded everything. She actually thought she saw dragonflies flitting about on the promenade. Then she realized she hadn't breathed recently. Reminding her lungs to do their job, the phantom dragonflies vanished, giving her a clear view of Jozial looking at her - into her. She was certain she'd never been fixed with a more honest, searching gaze before. Jozial's eyes dropped to their entwined hands, so Kliss' followed suit. It was better than gelato.

((A bit later))

((Deck 5, USS Artemis))

 She'd floated along ... bounced? ... drifted? ... If she was being perfectly honest, Kliss wasn't at all sure how they'd reached the Artemis let alone deck 5. She was more than reticent to let the evening end. But, she reminded herself, this date has to end for the next one to happen!

Stopping in front of Kliss' door, they faced each other, not saying much, but saying everything.

Kliss’lai: Thank you for an absolutely perfect evening. I love - er, I loved it. oO GEEEEZ, KLISS! Oo This is, um ... well, these are my quarters ... I guess.

Renirs: ::glances at the door, then back:: Yes, it is. I guess… this is the end, then.

Not letting go, she spoke some more.

Renirs: Umm, Kliss? I – I  wanted to tell you that… that I like you.

Kliss'lai stared. Her deepest, most desperate but unlikely daydream for this evening was to hear that from Jozial. Now that it had actually happened though, all the super-smooth responses she'd thought up evaporated. She just stared into those twin storms, which now carried such hope. Hope of what? What was Kliss supposed to do? What was Kliss supposed to say? She didn't say anything. She instead released Jozial's hand while giving it a slight pull, and wrapped her arms around the tough-but-tender, sweet, beautiful pink-haired girl. She could have held her in that hug for an eternity and not been content. The smell of her hair, the warmth of her body, the feel of her arms wrapped in turn around her - it was all so perfect. Kliss realized many years (a few seconds) later that she hadn't responded to Jozial's confession.

Kliss’lai: ::softly in Jozial's ear:: You're better than dragonflies, Jozi.

And the ship turned inside out. All atmosphere was immediately lost to the vacuum of space. Kliss felt herself wooshed through the door into her quarters, leaving Jozial in the corridor. No sooner had the door hissed closed again than Kliss flopped onto the floor, mentally reeling from the HUGE risk she'd just taken. That was WAY too aggressive. She'd declared dragonflies were the best thing in the galaxy, then said Jozial oO Oh no, I called her "Jozi" out loud! Oo was better than them.

She fell asleep there on the floor of her quarters, and her dreams were filled with images of her declaring her love to a stormcloud.

NT/End scene for Kliss'lai

Ensign Kliss'lai, PNPC
Security Officer, USS Artemis-A
Simmed by Hiro Jones, E239510KD0