Cmdr. Genkos Adea - Bad Luck Doctor

Genkos Adea

May 8, 2024, 5:52:56 AMMay 8
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Quark’s Bar, Grill, Gaming House and Holo-Suite Arcade - Deep Space Nine))

Genkos had decided to have a quiet drink in the famous (or should that be infamous) Quark’s Bar. That had, of course, proved impossible. He could hear that a crowd was forming up on one of the higher up levels of the bar, and he was getting curious. The Ferengi bartender seemed a little on edge about it, which could only mean that someone was winning latinum, and winning big. He could hear the cheers and jeers even from down where he was seated, and so after a little while, he headed up the spiral staircase.

As he crested the top of the staircase, he could see the familiar form of the ship’s First Officer, and he appeared to be the one who was winning and gathering a crowd.

Dakora: Triple-over!

Again the crowd erupted and the firm pats on his back nearly caused Talos to spill his drink. Genkos shook his head in disbelief as he moved his way around the table so that he was in Talos’ eyeline. The First Officer was about to play his turn when he saw the good doctor and waved him over.

Dakora: I hope you're feeling lucky!

Genkos took a sip of his drink and nodded noncommittally.

Adea: As much as always.

Grinning, Talos held the wheel spinning device in his outstretched hand.

Dakora: Blow on it for good luck? ::He shrugged. :: I saw it in a holovid once.

Genkos raised an eyebrow, but he felt that interrogating the superstition would merely ask more questions than he answered. So instead, he blew on it for Talos.

Adea: There you go…

With that he used the device and spun the wheel as the gathered throng watched with bated breath.

When the wheel stopped the crowd let out a collective groan. That wasn't good.

As the Dabo girl swept away the large pile of latinum Genkos had lost for Talos, the First Officer tossed back the rest of his drink and grinned sheepishly and gestured to what was left of his stash.

Dakora: Still got enough for drinks. Can I get you anything?

Adea: If anything, I should get you something - I lost you all that latinum.

Dakora: Response

Genkos shrugged and gestured over to the bar, and they meandered over.

Adea: Well howsabout I get you a drink and you get me one, then we’re even?

Dakora: Response

((OOC - Feel free to join!))

Tags/TBC

Commander Genkos Adea MD

Chief Medical Officer

USS Artemis-A

G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway