Ensign Savel - Q Q&A

Savel

Apr 16, 2024, 12:03:12 PMApr 16
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Security Center | Deck 08 | USS Artemis ))

Savel was, quite frankly, understimulated while he stared at the screens of one of the consoles in the Security Center. While all the information was accurate, which certainly carried a baseline level of excitement on its own, none of it was unexpected. Every single deck, sector, and compartment on the Artemis was showing an all clear signal. No one had even made a note of a flared temper, nevermind any actual security issues that needed to be addressed.

The monotony of the moment was mercifully impeded by the arrival of Kel. When Savel saw the other Ensign approaching, he left his spot by the console and started to walk over to him.

Savel: Ensign Kel, I hope my summoning of you did not interfere with your duties for the day.

Kel: Not at all. We were scheduled to work the security center later today anyway.

Savel started to lead the way to the edge of the room, near one of the empty offices around the outside of the security center.

Savel: Our introductions to one another were cut short during the ceremony on Betazed, I believe now would be a good opportunity to complete them. I am also aware that without a permanent Chief of Security for you to report to, there may be some specific questions about our department that you have. I would like to answer those for you, should that be true.

The question that Kel had, and the expediency in which it was asked, were both unexpected by Savel. That much would have been clear by his facial expression, at least to the half-Vulcan that he was talking to. Others might not have picked up on the subtle variations.

Kel: Do we see the Q here often?

Savel: This was my first encounter with the Q since I arrived on the Artemis. I cannot speak for the overall frequency of their visits, but based on comments made by veteran crew members this was not the first time they have seen this particular entity.

Savel barely got more than a glance at the Q while they were around, and he wondered if he should be grateful to have been spared any extended time around them.

Kel: Well, they certainly didn’t cover that in the simulators.

Savel: No, they certainly didn't. I don't believe a simulator would be able to accurately represent a situation where one encounters a rogue member of the Q Continuum. That would be quite the complicated program.

Kel: Response?

Once more Savel moved, this time returning to one of the open consoles in the middle of the security center. He pulled up the duty schedule for the day, knowing that he was supposed to work with Kel during his shift.

Savel: If you have no objection, we could begin our scheduled duty hours immediately. Unless you have another matter to attend to beforehand?

Kel: Response

Another few taps on the screen brought up the different assignments that had yet to be given out for the day. A few patrols and various administrative tasks that needed to be taken care of. Since they were early, they'd get first choice at whichever one they wanted.

Savel: It appears there are multiple patrols available for us, one with a focus on Deck 03 and another focused on Deck 06. Both have interesting destinations we would be required to visit. ::switching the task list to the in-house assignments:: Or we could remain here to supervise and assist with weapons maintenance in the armory. ::looking up to Kel:: I will leave the decision to you.

Kel: Response

TAG/TBC

((OOC: Take your time responding to this. Focus on getting better, I'll be ready to write whenever you're recovered and feeling up to it!))

Ensign Savel
Security Officer
USS Artemis-A
A240004S14