Cmdr. Genkos Adea - The Fun Never Stops

Genkos Adea

Nov 20, 2023, 10:45:42 AM11/20/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Turbolift to the Bridge, USS Artemis-A))

They started off, moving towards the bridge slowly but steadily. As they approached, they moved into positions and Genkos adopted a severe stare and held his phaser tightly as he pointed it at the Captain.

Adea: Right, whatever happens, we need to hold the bridge. ::his cane wobbled as he leaned more weight on it:: And if possible, I’d really like to sit down.

MacKenzie: Haven’t you been sitting?

Genkos returned Addison’s outstretched tongue with his own, but it was nowhere near as enthusiastic as might have wanted.

MacKenzie: Showtime.

Oh by the four, this was going to be fun.

((Bridge, USS Artemis))

The turbolift stopped and the doors opened, the Captain walking out and onto the bridge.

MacKenzie: You seem to have something that doesn’t belong to you…

Genkos shifted his phaser in his hand and stepped forward, willing his entire body to not look as beaten and battered as he knew it was. If they realised he actually needed a cane, and that at this point, he needed an entire walker, they were screwed.

Lt Silveira’s counterpart, Olivera, was there as they very well knew, as was another Desdemonan crewman and what seemed to be Kader’s counterpart at the helm.

Olivera: My apologies Captain but we need it more than you do. ::he raised his phaser to the ever closing Sil.:: Stop Sil, I don’t want to hurt anyone but we moved beyond that point.

Genkos barked out at Olivera with a confidence he certainly didn’t feel.

Adea: Down boy.

The Captain gestured at Jovenan and the two doctors. Genkos attempted a wicked grin.

MacKenzie: Your thugs seem to have tracked us down. Having a harder time taking control of my ship than you thought you would?

Olivera: It's a good infiltration tactic. And it worked it seems, although I think the three of you are too deep in character. ::he glanced at Sil.:: Looks like the honey trap worked after all Sil.

Genkos’ heart broke for Vitor at that point… assuming that his counterpart was in fact lying, of course, which was no guarantee.

Silveira: I feel willingly for that.

Jovenan: Oh, it worked very well. He’s still under the charm, isn’t that right, handsome?

Genkos shot a wink at Olivera.

Adea: Much like you, he lets his little Vitor do all the thinking for the big Vitor…

Genkos trailed off, still grinning and hoping against hope that some things never changed across the universes. If it turned out this Vitor was a celibate monk, they were sunk.

Cln. MacKenzie: =/\= Olivera, it’s Colonel MacKenzie. I’m on Deck 15 in a bit of a predicament… =/\=

The sound of Captain MacKenzie spoke yet again from the comm system, yet the Captain was with them. Balls.

Olivera: =/\= Colonel, I am in a little standoff as well. Apparently Colonel Adea, Thevn and Mediator Jovenan captured the Captain and Lieutenant Silveira. Wasn’t the Mediator in your team?

Cln. MacKenzie: =/\= Response =/\=

Olivera: Shei…

Before Olivera could finish the one-word sentence, Vitor had broken away from the formation and rushed to him. The two fell onto the floor, the Lieutenant on top of his counterpart, beating him with force that was the only channel of his rage. Even with his telepathy seriously dampened, he could just feel it coming off like heat from a sun.

Sadar: L-Lieutenant Silveira, stop!

Jovenan: Desdemona crew, stand down!

Adea: We will shoot you!

MacKenzie: Responses

Kader: Oh nonono put that down please, it's me, Kader.

Olivera: Enough… I surrender.

Vitor instead reached for a phaser.

Sadar: L-Lieutenant, they’ve surrendered.

Genkos said nothing, but kept his phaser trained on the members of the Desdemona’s crew in front of him.

MacKenzie: Response

Jovenan: Sil… no…

When the Lieutenant didn’t seem to stop, Jovenan quickly turned her phaser towards him.

Kader: I know how this looks, I can prove it. Miss Gila, only you and I know what we actually found on Cait isn’t that right?

It hadn’t been their pleas or orders, but an alarm that finally seemed to break the bewitchment in Lt Silveira. He stood up and looked at each of them. Genkos pursed his lips at him, but said nothing.

Silveira: Incoming vessel. I assume you need me there.

Adea: As you were, Lieutenant.  It’s probably best if we all take stations. ::he gestured to the Desdemona crew with his phaser:: The Captain and I will keep an eye on these thugs.

MacKenzie/Olivera: Responses

Sadar: Understood Sir.

Sadar, Kader, Jovenan and Vitor all took their seats at various stations and silence reigned a moment as they registered what was going on. There was also a tiny note of victory in them, that they had retaken the ship at no cost.

Jovenan: Captain, the incoming vessel, it’s leaking prismic radiation! It’s a…

Kader: No need for alarm sir, he’s been here for a while. He is waiting for this.

Genkos raised an eyebrow - who was this? But before he could ask, Sadar was on the transference of their new prisoners.

Sadar: =/\= This is Doctor Sadar to Transporter Room One. Anyone there? =/\=

Filistrien: =/\= Transporter Room One, Petty Officer Xandeus Filistrien here. =/\=

Sadar: =/\= We’ve got two Desdemonan crew members on the Bridge. Please beam them to the brig. =/\=

Filistrien: =/\= Yes Sir. Transporting now. =/\=

Genkos watched as the two Desdemona crew disappeared in a shimmer, then let out a sigh of relief and sat down heavily and gratefully in the first officer’s seat. He took a moment to consider changing and then decided against it.

Adea: ::smirking to Addison:: I don’t think he’ll mind, do you?

MacKenzie/Silveira: Responses

Hesitance came from Jovenan as something seemed to be happening to her console.

Jovenan: Umm, sir, the deflector is firing…

Genkos looked to the main viewscreen in time to see a bright light coming from somewhere under them, and the Shint vessel turning to rush straight into the light… and disappear.

Adea: Where’d it go?

MacKenzie/Silveira: Responses

Jovenan: Verify that, sir. The sensors can’t pick up the Shint vessel, debris or even dust. It’s just… gone.

Sadar: Captain, all major departments have reported in. The crew of the Desdemona currently controls no key areas of the Artemis.

Genkos let out another sigh of relief and crossed his arms gingerly across his chest. It hurt to do it, but then everything hurt right now.

Kader: I’ve been told it has to do with mass. And, well, exposure to the radiation. It was easy for him to ride the wave because the technology is native to them. To move something like the Desdemona we might need to actually fit the prismagon onto the main deflector.

Having spent quite a bit of time recently tied to a chair, Genkos merely nodded. He had no idea what Kader was talking about, but nobody needed to know that. As his mother often said - better to have people assume your ignorance than open your mouth and confirm it.

MacKenzie/Sadar/Silveira: Responses

Jovenan: The prismagons are in the Hazardous Materials Lab, I can have them brought… ::looks at console:: Uh, actually… Sir, the security has reported a breach in Hazardous Materials Lab, o-one death. I – I don’t know where the prismagons are.

MacKenzie/Sadar/Silveira/Kader: Responses

Before Genkos could really register what was going down, the communications system chirruped and Savel’s voice came through loud and clear.

Savel: =/\= Ensign Savel to Bridge. An explosion has damaged Sickbay, though it remains accessible. I am currently working on securing the area. Most injuries appear to be minor, though I must report one major casualty. Lieutenant Junior Grade Hiro Jones. His condition is grave. If a senior medical officer could be located, their assistance here is needed. Ensign Savel out. =/\=

Genkos saw that Jovenan was crying and stood up, giving her a reassuring smile.

Jovenan: ::whimper:: Please…

Adea: I’m on it. ::he tapped his combadge:: =/\= Filistrien, beam me straight to sickbay please. =/\=

MacKenzie/Sadar/Silveira/Kader: Response

Genkos gave them all a grim grin as he disappeared. He hated transporting, but being beamed across the ship was preferable to Hiro dying. Personal discomfort aside, a life was a stake.

((Sickbay, USS Artemis-A))

Genkos appeared in a furore - sickbay was alive with running and screaming and shouting and grunting as his staff ran about trying to triage both patients and themselves alike. He saw the Vulcan Savel and put a hand on his shoulder.

Adea: Hiro?

Savel: Response

Genkos nodded and went to the surgical suite where he was greeted by Hawkins and Kafkazet trying to get Hiro up and onto the biobed. He immediately rushed across the room, adrenaline fueling him faster than exhaustion could bring him to his knees.

Grabbing Hiro’s legs he got him up and onto the bed, dismissing Hawkins with a wave of a hand. The man immediately disappeared - there was plenty else to be done in Sickbay. Genkos looked up at the Zaranite.

Kafkazet: Jones has suffered extensive injuries to his left arm, both legs and excessive blood loss. My tricorder read him as dead, but Hawkins assures me he has a pulse so I have upgraded his condition to alive.

Adea: Understood… I need you to replace his blood whilst I set his arm and legs - it looks to me like we might have to graft some serious new musculature to him ::he looked down and saw the grim reminder of a skeleton emerging from various wounds in Hiro’s body:: If he survives, you’re going to be seeing a lot of this man… ::he put a hand on Hiro’s forehead before setting to work:: I’m sorry lad, I’ll do my best.

TBC

Commander Genkos Adea MD

Chief Medical Officer

USS Artemis-A

G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway