Commander Addison MacKenzie - In Deep Skiff

Addison MacKenzie

May 3, 2023, 11:05:14 AM5/3/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(OOC: Giving this scene a bump!)

(( Deck 1, Sector 08, USS Artemis-A ))

From around the corner, Addison spied on several of the new Artemis officers who were trying to uncover the location of the entrance to the Captain’s Skiff. She watched as their efforts continue to result in failed attempts. Upon deciding that the ensigns were determined to gain admittance to the craft, the Artemis CO decided to rain on the parade.

Addison clasped her hands behind her back, rounded the corner and approached the group from behind like a parent who caught their kids with their hands in the cookie jar.

MacKenzie: ::sarcastically:: Going somewhere?

One of the ensigns jumped, a look of surprise on their face as they turned around, but it was evident from their response that they didn’t quite recognize who she was.

Kader: Just, uh, ''making ourselves familiar with the layout of the ship''.

Lorana/Savel: Response

She turned her palms up and lifted her arms in a casual shrug.

MacKenzie: Oh, well I figured since this ::pointing to the door: is the Captain’s Skiff, I ::pointing to herself:: am the Captain, and you ::circling her index finger at the trio:: are not, that I must have missed my invitation for the trip!

Their new pilot’s pupils dilated. She’d managed to meet most of the new officers, but he’d managed to skirt around officially reporting for duty.

Kader: Captain? Nice to meet you ma'am. Flint Kader, ensign. Excuse me but did you just say Captain's Skiff? Meaning, it's real? I'm sorry, I accidentally dragged some friends along to satisfy my curiosity. We didnt expect to actually find it. Everyone I know thought it was a myth. I'm beginning to understand why If every skiff is behind a secret door like that.

Addison’s proximity to the entrance prompted the computer to respond.

Computer: ACCESS GRANTED

Kader: Not now!

The bulkhead began to move and the path to the skiff was revealed along with a set of lights that turned on in succession.

MacKenzie: As it turns out, I receive an alert if someone is trying to gain unauthorized access to the ship.

Lorana/Savel/Kader: Response

Addison gestured down the short path to the Skiff.

MacKenzie: Well, did you want to see what the fuss is about?

Lorana/Savel/Kader: Response

Addison led the three new members down the short path until they arrived at the entrance port for the ship. After placing her hand on the pad to identify herself, the door slid open revealing the entrance to the ship. When they stepped inside, the cockpit was larger than a standard shuttlecraft, with room for four officers – two in the front and one on each side. In the rear of the ship, there were several sleeping quarters and areas for cargo. The interior design of the craft was flashy – bright lighting with lots of reflective chrome and wood paneling. The craft was meant to use at the captain’s discretion, largely utilized for diplomatic engagements with small groups of officers.

MacKenzie: Well, what do we think?

Lorana/Savel/Kader: Response

Tag, and TBC!

---

Commander Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS
Commanding Officer
USS Artemis-A

Captains Council Magistrate

V239601AM0