Cmdr. Genkos Adea - Captive Borg

Genkos Adea

Jul 22, 2024, 7:51:07 AM (5 days ago) Jul 22
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((OOC - apologies for the delayed response, I sprained my ankle really badly Thursday night so spent most of Friday in the hospital, then drove cross-country Saturday - not my best idea - for a wedding...))

((Sickbay, USS Artemis-A))

Kraal dusted off their hands as they stood up - they had been tangling with the fourth remaining Borg, but had managed to slip the hypospray into them with a dextrous use of their tail. Genkos had a very small wish that he could have seen it - he was certain it looked very cool.

Adea: ::waggling the hypospray:: I think we try and mass produce this - we should have a few vials left, right?

Flint: I believe so, Sir.  ::Raising his hand::  I’ve got two right here, and Doctor Sadar may have produced more already. But there’s a problem.

Flint moved, cautiously, towards one of the downed drones, dropping to a crouch and gingerly patting the man’s shoulder as if to ensure he was, indeed, unconscious.

Flint: These are unlike other Borg Drones. Typically, injected nanoprobes begin making quick work of constructing preliminary implants; the neural transceiver, the oculars…  ::Rolling over the drone, examining him::  This man has no cybernetics to speak of. The serum will knock them out, but as soon as it wears off, they’ll be right back at it, I’m afraid.

Adea: We could always restrain them.

Kraal: Well, at least we know it has some efficacy. That’s better than nothing.

Flint moved to the door of Sickbay, poking his head into the hall beyond. By the fact that the man didn’t immediately duck back, Genkos could assume that there were no more Borgified officers out there. He stepped back, pressing the control to shut the door, and turned back to Genkos and the Caitian.

Flint: ::Furrowing his brow::  Commander, if it’s possible to secure Sickbay, these poor souls might give us a chance to learn what’s going on here. We can get them onto biobeds, erect forcefields, study them. Perhaps even reverse the process?

Kraal: In the meantime, I can begin producing more of the serum.

Adea: Good idea. ::he looked to the officer on the floor closest to them:: Give me a hand with this guy.

As Flint stood, the medical gown he was wearing swished ever-so-slightly, and Genkos got an eyeful. Well, not full…

Flint: You don’t think he’ll miss his uniform, do you?

Adea: I don’t think he’d thank you, for certain. ::he jerked his head towards his office door:: I’ve got a spare in my office.

Flint: Response

As Flint moved towards Genkos’ office, Kraal and the good doctor managed to get the Borg up and into the various biobeds. They activated the restraints, and Genkos pulled across the biobed analysis screen, to try and get a handle on what exactly was going on with them. He looked up as a newly changed Flint re-entered the sickbay.

Adea: The colour of your uniform aside, what’s your medical knowledge like?

Flint: Response

Tags/TBC

Commander Genkos Adea MD

Chief Medical Officer

USS Artemis-A

G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway