Cmdr. Genkos Adea - Flaming Fists of Fury

Genkos Adea

Mar 22, 2023, 8:17:07 AM3/22/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Palace of Culture, Tecra, Meranuge IV))

Genkos turned back the crowd, his headache growing stronger as he did so. His right eyelid started to tremble uncontrollably as he looked at Vitor and Kag organising the supplies to a belligerent, but so far obedient crowd. He had a flashback to his very first mission aboard the Gorkon, one where they had been delivering supplies to Romulan refugees, and where Genkos had maybe accidentally started a riot.

The knuckles on his right hand grew white as his grip on his cane grew tight, and his left hand kept forming and unforming into a fist. He strode next to Vitor and Kag and placed his left hand down on Vitor’s shoulder with more force than was strictly necessary.

Adea: Make sure they all get equal rations, Lieutenant. ::ferociously:: We don’t want anyone getting short-changed.

Vitor lost his smile and narrowed his eyes at Genkos, who smiled viciously.

Silveira: Obviously Commander.

Kag: Response

Kleebohn: Brilliant leadership. Let's put mints on their pillows too, Lieutenant. Maybe massages too. ::to Adea,:: I don't know what kind of training you offworlders get for emergency preparedness, but we're sitting on a live explosive here.

Genkos turned his ebony orbs onto Kleebohn and cocked his head at her. When he spoke, it was low, and dangerous. He advanced on her, like a Betazed tiger advancing on its prey.

Adea: Excuse me?

Kleebohn: Do you understand, Commander? Because it sure seems to me like since you've gotten here, you've done little more than have a look around and send down supplies! You could have just as easily transported the supplies and been on your way! Or is this a sightseeing trip for you? Let's go down and see what the Da'al look like when they cry! Let's find out how much more pressure they can take before they crack! It THAT what you call "helping," Commander?

Genkos started to raise his cane in anger, fully prepared to strike her with the handle when Vitor appeared, standing directly between the two of them. He handed them a pack of rations each, almost hitting them with it. He spoke in a normal tone, but his voice carried the same demure as before, when he addressed the crowd.

Silveira: Why don’t you two just take a minute. ::He eyed them both.:: Have something to drink.

Adea: Pardon me Lieutenant?

Kleebohn: Response.

Genkos turned upon Vitor, and saw the violence in the Tactical Officer’s mind. His own eyes clouded, and his brows knit in a fierce frown.

Silveira: I did not raise my voice and risked myself to a crowd to have anyone else screw it up. You want to start arguing? I recommend you do it privately, not in front of a volatile crowd of survivors. You know what’s the only rule of this kind of disaster?

Adea: ::through clenched teeth:: Enlighten me, Lieutenant.

Kleebohn/Kag: Response

Jovenan: Commander.

Jovenan tried to catch Genkos’ attention, but he was too engaged with the debate to hear her. He registered that she spoken, but it was taking all of Genkos’ energy not to smack Vitor’s head with his cane and drive him into the ground like a tentpole.

Silveira: Bury the dead, take care of the living. Now can we do that Miss Kleebohn?

Kleebohn/Kag: Response

Jovenan: Commander!

Genkos turned to Jovenan, fury in his eyes, and it was only through a small miracle that he didn’t scream at her. Vitor’s combadge chirruped and he stepped aside to listen to whatever nonsense was coming through. The blood rushing through his ears stopped him from hearing it.

((OOC - there’s your tags from the Captain, Silveira))

Jovenan: Commander, Ensign Jones and I have discovered something. We believe it’s important.

Adea: ::slowly, each word a struggle:: What is it, Ensign?

Kleebohn/Silveira/Kag: Response

Jovenan’s eyes flickered towards their Da’al associate and back to Genkos. Clearly whatever Jovenan was thinking was to do with her.

Jovenan: We might be in danger.

Adea: Indeed..?

Jovenan/Kleebohn/Silveira/Kag: Response

Genkos turned upon Kleebohn, and gave her the sort of smile that his roommate at the Academy’s cat had given to birds just before she pounced.

Adea: Well there’s one way to deal with danger, Ensign. And that… is to confront it head on.

And with that, his fist moved in a blur as he whacked Kleebohn across the face with the handle of his cane. He then raised it above his head to deal a more powerful blow.

Jovenan/Kleebohn/Silveira/Kag: Response

Tags/TBC

Commander Genkos Adea MD

First Officer

USS Artemis-A

G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway