ENS Chevalier - Behind the closed door

CPT Arianus

Dec 14, 2023, 10:48:13 PM12/14/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( USS Artemis | Deck 8 | Intelligence Suite entrance))

Jaseb felt quite unsure, when he entered the security checkpoint in front of the Intel suit. This was the first time for real. He knew the gig, what to expect, still, shivers over his spine was something he didn't expect, not exactly.

Officer: Ok, ensign, it looks like you really have an appointment. So, put your tricorder and combadge here and step through the scanner.

Jaseb followed the instructions and put his combadge and tricorder into the basket on the table, and waited
for a signal he could step through the scanner safety frame. Officer checked the bio-readings, and he looked satisfied. Ensign Chevalier was really ensign Chevalier, no surprise here. Officer took the visitor badge from another basket and handed it to Jaseb.

Officer
: Wear it visibly at all times. Now wait for the person who...

Entrance doors to the Intelligence suit beeped and
opened. PO Black stepped out.

Black
: Vic, I'm here for the visitor.

Officer
: It's all yours.

Black
: So, ensign, follow me inside, look straight forward only. Follow my instructions. Do not stop until I say so. Everything clear?

Jaseb nodded and almost smirked for a moment. He took a deep breath to suppress the impulse.

Black
: Good, ensign. ::looked reproachfully:: Follow me.

PO Black turned around, he looked up to
let the sensor check his permission to enter and doors to the Intel suit opened.

((
USS Artemis | Deck 8 | Intelligence Suite ))

Jaseb was quite disappointed. They
entered a room, more like a lobby. There were some displays on his right, but those were turned off. Black pointed him to the door on his left. They stopped in front of them, as Black pressed the doorbell.

Black: Commander, Ensign Chevalier for
debriefing.

Dakora: Response

As Jaseb was permitted to enter the CIO office, Black made a last check on him, and adjusted
Jaseb's uniform.

Black: Erase that adolescent smile
from your face, ensign. ::continued to look reproachfully:: Go, now.

Then nodded and
stepped aside, so Jaseb could enter.

((
USS Artemis | Deck 8 | Intelligence Suite – Chief Intelligence Officer Office))

The CIO office looked exactly as Jaseb imagined the place. Almost all displays were turned off – except the one behind the Commander Dakora desk, which showed SFI logo – but their mere number was making a proper impression.

Jaseb
straightened up as he entered and erased his overexcitement behind the face without any emotion.

Chevalier
: Commander, Ensign Chevalier reports at your command for a mission debriefing.

Dakora
: Response

TAG / TBC

--