ENS Chevalier - My Least Favorite Life

CPT Arianus

Dec 20, 2023, 4:17:30 PM12/20/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( USS Artemis, deck 5, Jaseb's quarters ))

Stars were his only companions. He thought a lot. Looking at the PADDs on the ground, analysis, reports, messages. Meaningless information. Meaningless worries. Meaningless lives trying to cope with the irreconcilable.

He closed his eyes, listen to the voice in his head.

oO Listen only to the sound of my voice. Let your mind relax. Let your thoughts drift. Let bad memories fade. Let peace be upon you. Surrender yourself to your dreams.. Oo

He tried to remember the touches on his skin. Words of love said. Happy moments he had with Damien. To forget the pain. Forget the suffering he felt. But the only thing in his mind was the pain, the suffering which wasn't his.

He opened his eyes and looked into the mirror at his face. On the black circles under the eyes. The glassy look, the emptiness in his eyes. He closed them again.

oO Imagine somewhere calm. Imagine somewhere safe. You are in control. Image yourself in... Oo

Silveira: =/\= Silveira to Ensign Chevalier.

Jaseb opened his eyes again. He took a deep breath, blinked a few times to get the tears out of his eyes, and then pushed his comm on his chest.

Chevalier: =/\= Chevalier here. How may I help you, lieutenant?

Silveira: =/\= I hope I am not bothering any shore leave plans Ensign but I need your help with something.

Jaseb smirked at his reflection in the mirror.

Chevalier:
=/\= Not at all, lieutenant. I still have some work to finish before my shore leave, so anything you may still need, I can provide.

He wiped the tears from his face and stood up from his bed. He stepped forward, kicked the tablets out of the way into a pile, as the lieutenant continued.

Silveira: =/\= I wonder if by any chance it’s possible to find some granite, or marble around the ship? I am planning a headstone for a memorial and need to… Better yet where are you, we can meet instead of doing this over the comline.

Jaseb nodded into the empty room.

Chevalier:
=/\= Understood, lieutenant. Give me five minutes, I take my work PADD with ship inventory and we can look into that and possible options at hand.

Silveira: =/\= Response

Chevalier: Thank you, lieutenant. I'm on my way.

Jaseb closed the channel and took mascara from the shelf. He covered the marks of him not sleeping, the marks of him suffering. He tried to smile into the mirror. Once. And then again. And again, until he was satisfied with the mask of the man he saw in reflection. He almost left the room, but then remembered to take PADD with the inventory manifest, so he returned to take the PADD. And then, ready and equipped, he left.

(( USS Artemis, deck 8, Tactical suite ))

Jaseb entered the tactical suite with a smile on his face and nodded to two officers.

Chevalier: Lieutenant
Silveira?

They pointed to the CTO office and Jaseb thanked them, as he left them to their work. He stopped at the front and rang the bell.

Silveira: Reponse

Jaseb stepped forward and entered. He looked at Silveira. That men did not look fully himself. Jaseb nodded, and slightly lowered the level of his smile.

Chevalier: Ensign Chevalier, at your request, Lieutenant. May I sit?

Silveira: Response

Jaseb sat and put the PADD in his lap.

Chevalier: So, I already took a look at the ship inventory, and I will probably disappoint you. We have no granite nor
marble onboard. We have precursors, so we can definitely replicate an artificial imitation of said minerals, if you want, or I can take a look down there, they will definitely have some for your needs.

Silveira: Response

Chevalier: Ok, consider it done. Just one thing. Do you want it as a raw stone and you will make headstone processing and shaping or do you want us to make a final product for you? In the first case, give me 24 hours max, in the second, timeline will depend on your ideas and what you want.

Silveira: Response

TAG / TBC

--
Ensign Jaseb Chevalier