Captain Addison MacKenzie - Occupation

Addison MacKenzie

Jan 26, 2024, 6:13:23 PMJan 26
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(OOC 1: FYI, the uniforms we would wear at this point in the Dominion War [2374] would be the version used in First Contact, etc. according to these two articles: one and two.)

(OOC 2: The Artemis used to be the Doyle-A. It’s a complicated part of this ship’s IC and OOC history, but that’s why Addison references the Doyle’s commission in 2392.)

(( The Fifth Chalice - Oxeania Commercial District, Tharazad Continent – Betazed ))

Snap.

Just like that, CloQ was gone, and along with him, the majority of the senior staff of the Artemis. Addison looked around at the shell-shocked bar, partially dismayed that the Q had once again chosen to interfere with her crew with his penchant for putting them in harm’s way, and partially disappointed that she didn’t get a crack at those wings before he once again sent them whizzing through time.

Now, though, it was just MacKenzie, Silveira, Yellir, and Kel. In the distance, the sounds of explosions and weapons fire could still be heard, though it was difficult to tell if the sounds were getting closer. If the state of the bar was any indication, she didn’t think they should stick around to find out.

Fortunately, CloQ managed to drop a hint about their predicament. Though their uniforms were indicative of having been transported back in time, at least he’d hinted that the Artemis was still somewhere within arm’s reach. Fascinating, given that the Doyle hadn’t been commissioned until 2392… That was going to lead to more issues than she cared to think about.

…One problem at a time.

MacKenzie: =/\= MacKenzie to Artemis. =/\=

There was no response.

MacKenzie: =/\= MacKenzie to Artemis… =/\=

After a few silent seconds, she looked at the other team members and shook her head.

MacKenzie: Leave it to CloQ to make things difficult… I don’t have any equipment with me – I don’t suppose any of you managed to swipe a phaser?

Silveira/Yellir/Kel: Response

She pursed her lips and shook her head rapidly, unwilling to hide the frustration from her face as she scanned the bar.

MacKenzie: We know the Artemis is close – while we can’t make contact, I would have to assume she’s still in orbit where we left her - and likely crawling with Dominion forces - if CloQ has tasked us with retaking the ship.

Silveira/Yellir/Kel: Response

MacKenzie: We don’t have weapons, we don’t have contact with the ship, and from the sounds of things, we’re knee-deep in trouble if we stay here. We need ideas. What do we know about the Occupation of Betazed?

Silveira/Yellir/Kel: Response

Tag, and TBC!

---

Captain Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS
Commanding Officer
USS Artemis-A

Captains Council Magistrate

V239601AM0