ENS Chevalier - LOVE STORY (but it’s in MINOR KEY), part 1

CPT Arianus

Jan 4, 2024, 6:05:34 PMJan 4
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Dalaria, Betazed ))

Day was nice and sunny. Sea warm, perfect day not any worse than one on Risa. Damien smiled, stood up and waved into the crowd.

Black: Here, we are here!

Jaseb turned around with a voice, smiled as he recognized Damien in a yellow engineering uniform and waved back. He made his way through the crowd to the cafe. Damien stayed standing, they exchanged the hug and kiss, before Damien turned to his companions.

Black: Mom, dad, let me introduce you to Jaseb Chevalier. Jaseb, my dad and mom.

Chevalier: So, Dami, this is a famous Black parents… ::turned to Black’s parents:: Believe me, I already saw You thousand times, as a holographic picture. ::laughed:: And let me say - I’m honored to finally meet you in person. :: extended his left hand to shake with the parents::

Black’s dad: Honor is mutual, Mr. Chevalier. ::shaking hand with Jaseb:: I’m Irad.

Jaseb smiled, nodded. Damien’s father had a firm and strong handshake. They looked into each other's eyes, caught in the battle of wills for the awkward moment. And then, Damien’s father let Jaseb’s hand go without a word. Jaseb turned to Damien’s mom, hands shaking, a smile still on his face, like nothing happened.

Black’s mom: Nelen. Nice to meet you, Jaseb. Damien never said you are…

Black: Mom… it's 25th
 century. ::laughed::

Black’s mom: I wanted to say handsome, dear. But how could I ever doubt you, you always had great taste with boys. I believe this is my fault, but as you can see, Jaseb, this couldn’t come from Damie’s father.

Chevalier: Don’t be harsh on yourself, Mrs. Black… Nelen, I wanted to say Nelen. You are beautiful too. Your husband was a wise man to choose You over any other.

Damien’s mom: Aren’t you a flatterer? No, no, I was the one who picked him. Believe me, I grabbed him and never let him go. ::laughed together with her husband::

Black: Mom! C’mon, do not embarrass me. We agree we leave this line of bed topics out…

Chevalier: I’m okay with that, Dami, I will not think less of you, even if your mom will show me your toddlers’ pictures!

Damien’s mom: And you can believe, I have many! ::looked at Damien with a call for a protest in her eyes::

Chevalier: I believe when time comes, Nelen.,, ::let Damien’s hand go:: But if you excuse me for a moment, Mr. Black, Mrs. Black, I will just wash my hands, make an order for myself and will be right back.

Damien’s mom: Go, Jasie, and prepare yourself for an approved line of questioning!

Both laughed, and then Jaseb left the table and disappeared inside the cafe. With him leaving, the temperature around the table dropped rapidly under zero.

Damien’s father: Are you crazy, Damien? Do you want us to get arrested or worse? How in that little brain of yours was THIS even idea? ::gesturing affectedly:: In the whole galaxy of possibilities, you find just that one perfect dung to throw into our faces…

Damien’s mom: Irad, no. Not here, in public. They are watching, they always do.

Damien’s dad: It’s your fault, and how did you always spoil him. You know, I was the one who cleaned his mess. But you didn’t want to see...

Damien's mom: Please, don't you dare to accuse me of your own political ambitions, dear.
It was you, who wanted to dine with the wolves, so now you'll have to eat what they serve on your table.

Damien's father: Yes, I remember your complaints that we always had food on our table, and a roof over our heads. And no, I didn't forget all of your complaints about those flamboyant balls you organized, your tea parties and overpriced jewelry on your gorgeous neck, my beloved and only...

Black: Mom, dad, stop. He’s coming back.

Damien's parents turned their quarrelsome faces into sweet smiles with the snap of a finger.

Damien's mom:
Ou, you are so fast, dear. So, is everything okay? What did you order?

Black:
Yeah, I forgot to tell you, Jasi, they are out of motor oil. ::his tongue stuck out::

Chevalier: Funny, as always, my love ::kissed Damien's cheek:: No, just milk coffee, with two tons of sugar. ::
sat down::

Damien's parents were obviously dismayed
over the discussion which happened on the opposite side of the table. Damien turned to his mother.

Black:
Yes, mom, Jaseb is transhumanist. And I still love you anyway. ::turned back to Jaseb and booped his nose::

Jaseb kicked Damien under the table.

Chevalier: Don't worry, Mrs. Bl...Nelen... I will leave your son untouched. You made a sculpture of perfection for the first time. ::turned to Black and bopped him back:: Of course, some tattoos here and there, but those are his own creation and initiative, with them I have nothing to do.

Damien kicked Jaseb back.

Damien's father: Transhumanist?

Damien's mom: You have tattoos, Damien?

Chevalier: So, I guess I will not need this...

Jaseb picked the small box from the pocket and laid it down on the table. He unscrewed the cap and reached into his eye to remove the contact lens.

Black: One, mom. Small and hidden. We, with boys from the boot camp, wanted a memory for our training camaraderie. It's nothing obscene...

Jaseb nearly gouged out his eye when he suppressed the sudden burst of laughter. But he tilted his head back so that the smirk on his face could not be seen.

oO One small tattoo, Damien? Oo

He blinked and returned back to Damien's parents, and this time he managed to get out a contact lens. His bionic eye gazed
into Damien father's eyes. Something worried the father.

Damien's father: Jaseb, we have no problem with you being... religionist
ic. It's just... you need to understand, not everyone would understand and accept the specifics of your fate.

Chevalier: It's understandable, Mr. Black. Paths of my people are specific and I understand some people consider transhumanism to be... unnatural.

Nelen slapped her husband on the shoulder and frowned.

Damien's mom: Boys, enough politics and religion. Jaseb, they brought you your coffee. ::pointed on the waiter behind Jaseb::

Jaseb turned around and took a cup of coffee and a glass of water from the waiter.

Chevalier: Thank you. That will be all for now.

Damien's mother leaned against the chair and reached out to the boys.

Damien's mom: So, boys, tell me, how did you two meet? Who hunted whom?

Damien laughed and started the story of how he firstly met Jaseb. Jaseb leaned against the chair, and enjoyed his coffee. The atmosphere cleared, and finally, after almost another hour, Jaseb began to feel that maybe this meeting with Damien's parents wasn't going to be the disaster he expected...

TBC

--
Petty Officer 3rd Class Damien Black, PNPC & his family
Simmed by Jaseb Chevalier, A240009JC1