Captain Addison MacKenzie - In Control

Addison MacKenzie

Nov 20, 2023, 9:09:20 PM11/20/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( Bridge – Deck 1, USS Artemis ))

Putting on stern faces, Addison and Vitor made their way onto the Bridge first, looking dismayed while Adea, Jovenan, and Sadar followed behind, holding weapons in their backs. Olivera looked surprised to see them – apparently, he’d been attempting to disable the turbolift controls, but it hadn’t worked quickly enough.

MacKenzie: You seem to have something that doesn’t belong to you…

Olivera: My apologies Captain but we need it more than you do. ::he raised his phaser to the ever closing Sil.:: Stop Sil, I don’t want to hurt anyone but we moved beyond that point.

Vitor stopped and slowly raised his hands at shoulder height.

Adea: Down boy.

She gestured behind her at the trio holding her and Silveira at gunpoint.

MacKenzie: Your thugs seem to have tracked us down. Having a harder time taking control of my ship than you thought you would?

Olivera: It's a good infiltration tactic. And it worked it seam, although I think the three of you are too deep in character. ::he glanced at Sil.:: Looks like the honey trap worked after all Sil.

Addison’s jaw tightened. She felt badly for Silveira at the thought he might have been led on, but they had bigger trouble to worry about at the moment.

Silveira: I feel willingly for that.

Jovenan: Oh, it worked very well. He’s still under the charm, isn’t that right, handsome?

Adea: Much like you, he lets his little Vitor do all the thinking for the big Vitor…

A commline opened, a familiar voice ringing through.

Cln. MacKenzie: =/\= Olivera, it’s Colonel MacKenzie. I’m on Deck 15 in a bit of a predicament… =/\=

Olivera: =/\= Colonel, I am in a little standoff as well. Apparently Colonel Adea, Thevn and Mediator Jovenan captured the Captain and Lieutenant Silveira. Wasn’t the Mediator in your team?

Cln. MacKenzie: =/\= I had to kill the traitor. =/\=

She didn’t need to see Silveira to feel his posture shift.

Olivera: Shei…

Sadar: L-Lieutenant Silveira, stop!

It was too late – Vitor hurled forward like a bulldog off its leash. Before they knew it, Silveira was on top of his Shint-verse counterpart, rolling on the floor until eventually Silveira had Olivera by the neck, landing several blows directly to the man’s ribs.

Jovenan: Desdemona crew, stand down!

Adea: We will shoot you!

Addison managed to make her way to the command chair and reached underneath the armrest where a phaser had been concealed. She adjusted the setting and raised her arm.

MacKenzie: And if you think I’m more kind than your MacKenzie, I urge you not to tempt me.

Kader: Oh nonono put that down please, it's me, Kader.

Olivera: Enough… I surrender.

Despite having surrendered, Vitor reached for a phaser.

Sadar: L-Lieutenant, they’ve surrendered.

The assertion didn’t seem to cool much of the bulldog’s white-hot rage that had managed to boil over. She was tired of needing to view Silveira through the lens of someone whose temper always seemed to need monitoring. And yet…

MacKenzie: ::through gritted teeth:: Stand down, Lieutenant…

Jovenan: Sil… no…

When he didn’t seem to stop, Jovenan quickly turned her phaser towards him.

Kader: I know how this looks, I can prove it. Miss Gila, only you and I know what we actually found on Cait isn’t that right?

Finally, something in him broke, and an alert sounded on the bridge.

Silveira: Incoming vessel. I assume you need me there.

Adea: As you were, Lieutenant.  It’s probably best if we all take stations. ::he gestured to the Desdemona crew with his phaser:: The Captain and I will keep an eye on these thugs.

MacKenzie: ::to Olivera:: And don’t you move. (beat) Stations, everyone. And someone get this trash off my bridge.

Olivera: I surrendered already.

Sadar: Understood Sir.

Sadar, Kader, Jovenan and Silveira all headed toward their seats.

Jovenan: Captain, the incoming vessel, it’s leaking prismic radiation! It’s a…

Kader: No need for alarm sir, he’s been here for a while. He is waiting for this.

Waiting? For this? …for what?

Sadar: =/\= This is Doctor Sadar to Transporter Room One. Anyone there? =/\=

Filistrien: =/\= Transporter Room One, Petty Officer Xandeus Filistrien here. =/\=

Sadar: =/\= We’ve got two Desdemonan crew members on the Bridge. Please beam them to the brig. =/\=

Filistrien: =/\= Yes Sir. Transporting now. =/\=

Silveira: I have the vessel in range. Weapons powered down. No hostile intention I can see.

The two Desdemona crew disappeared, and Genkos let out a sigh of relief before sitting in the first officer’s seat.

Adea: ::smirking to Addison:: I don’t think he’ll mind, do you?

Actually, she couldn’t remember the last time she’d seen Yalu.

MacKenzie: ::shaking her head::I think you deserve to take a load off.

Jovenan: Umm, sir, the deflector is firing…

Silveira: Helm has deflector control. I hope you know what you're doing Ensign.

Addison’s brow furrowed as she turned her attention to the viewscreen just in time to see a bright light coming from the belly of the ship. The Shint vessel turned to rush straight into the light, then disappeared.

Adea: Where’d it go?

Silveira: Target lost.

MacKenzie: What was that?

Jovenan: Verify that, sir. The sensors can’t pick up the Shint vessel, debris or even dust. It’s just… gone.

Doctor Sadar offered a new report from Ops that left them all breathing a little easier.

Sadar: Captain, all major departments have reported in. The crew of the Desdemona currently controls no key areas of the Artemis.

Kader: I’ve been told it has to do with mass. And, well, exposure to the radiation. It was easy for him to ride the wave because the technology is native to them. To move something like the Desdemona we might need to actually fit the prismagon onto the main deflector.

Silveira: Then we know what to do.

MacKenzie: ::making a kicking motion:: Back where they came from.

Sadar: Response

Jovenan: The prismagons are in the Hazardous Materials Lab, I can have them brought… ::looks at console:: Uh, actually… Sir, the security has reported a breach in Hazardous Materials Lab, o-one death. I – I don’t know where the prismagons are.

Silveira: Some other Desdemonian must have got his hands on it. Maybe it’s time to find where the rest of them are.

MacKenzie: That would very much be my preference, Mr. Silveira…

Sadar/Kader: Responses

Another voice rang out through the bridge.

Savel: =/\= Ensign Savel to Bridge. An explosion has damaged Sickbay, though it remains accessible. I am currently working on securing the area. Most injuries appear to be minor, though I must report one major casualty. Lieutenant Junior Grade Hiro Jones. His condition is grave. If a senior medical officer could be located, their assistance here is needed. Ensign Savel out. =/\=

Jovenan: ::whimper:: Please…

Addison looked to Adea.

Adea: I’m on it. ::he tapped his combadge:: =/\= Filistrien, beam me straight to sickbay please. =/\=

MacKenzie: What’s next?

Sadar/Kader: Response

Silveira: I recommend we look for the remaining Desdoma crew that might still be on board. We can use Lieutenant Jovenan and Ensign Sadar recommendations.

MacKenzie: ::nodding:: Let’s get to work. What’ve you got?

Jovenan/Sadar/Kader: Response

Silveira: Also we should lock the Desdemona, in a tractor beam. They might try and make a run for it.

Addison shrugged nonchalantly.

MacKenzie: If they run, they won’t get far before they’re dust.

She felt the implication had landed with the other officers.

Jovenan/Sadar/Kader: Response

Silveira: Aye Captain.

MacKenzie: Where are we with locating the prismagons and the other Desdemona crew members? Didn’t their MacKenzie say she was on Deck 15? Who’s down there with her?

Jovenan/Sadar/Kader/Silveira: Response

Tag, and TBC!

---

Captain Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS
Commanding Officer
USS Artemis-A

Captains Council Magistrate

V239601AM0