Ensign Luxa Lorana - Call of the Wild

Luxa Lorana

Apr 13, 2023, 1:45:27 PM4/13/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((OOC - Its a little long, but I felt I had to get caught up in the storyline and explain why and how I got to where I was - most of the stuff moving through Da'al is just Lorana observing the rest of the science and engineering crew from a distance so if you''ve read the other sims then other than Lorana's observations there isn't really anything new here until the end ))

((Sickbay - Deck 7 - Artemis))

Lorana: ::Clears her throat, attempts to smile:: Commander MacKenzie. Ensign Luxa Lorana, reporting to duty. Can I be of assistance?

MacKenzie looks over Lorana carefully. Lorana held her position, squaring her shoulders, she didn't want to appear unprofessional in front of her new commanding officer.

MacKenzie: Welcome aboard, Ensign. You just missed our science teams who left for the surface, not to mention a whole lot of fun that preceded it… May I introduce Erbil, the Minister for External Affairs, and his grandson, Theolin?

Lorana: It's a pleasure to meet you :: she bows her head and gently closes her eyes as a Caitian show of respect and trust :: I only wish we had cause to meet in better circumstances. May the new dawn be kinder to your people than the last.

Erbil/Teolin: Responses

MacKenzie gestured to the biobeds just across Sickbay as she led Lorana over.

MacKenzie: And may I also introduce two of our other officers? The one strapped in is our first officer, Genkos Adea, and the one with the hole in his shoulder is our tactical officer, Vitor Silveira.

Lorana: Commander Adea :: bows her head in acknowledgment :: Lieutenant Silveira :: bows head again :: I look forward to serving with you both.

Adea/Silveira: Responses

Lorana didn't need to be an empath to know that they'd inadvertently interrupted something personal. She made a mental note of this.

oO Adea and Silveira, just friends or something more? Oo

Lorana: Thank you, that is appreciated. I'm sorry we disturbed you while you're both being treated. My timing is usually a lot better :: She offered another smile :: Perhaps I can be of use on the planet, assisting the science team? Sounds like they have their hands full? Perhaps a pair of paws would suffice?

oO Too soon for jokes, Luxa Oo

McKenzie/Silveira/Adea: Response?

Lorana nods in acknowledgement and dismisses herself, leaving Sickbay. She recalled that there was a transporter room nearby. Stopping briefly to check on a computer panel the shop schematics to ensure she wasn't walking in the wrong direction. Transporter Room 2 and 3.

Several minutes later she joined other officers that were beaming down to the planet's surface, confirming with the transporter officer the location of her beam down point.

((Ground Zero, Da’al))

Her vision momentarily shimmered before her and she found herself on an alien world, destruction all around her. My first task and I’m on disaster recovery. They had transported her near to the command centre that had previously been set up before the location had been overrun with those affected by the Da’allium - or so she was led to believe.

She could see two science officers and an engineer cautiously approaching the command tent.

Lorana’s time spent on transport vessels meant that she had been exposed to disaster sites before. The chaos, the pain and the suffering. Yet, they had always had a sense of organisation. Each and everyone knew their purpose, and the intent was singular. This felt different. Dangerous.

The Yelikan engineer, the ranking officer, resorted to hand signs, directing the science officers Hiro and Jovenan to collect the needed components. The human science officer stepped close and whispered something to the engineer. Even with her sharp hearing Lorana was too far back to understand what was being said.

Lorana’s scans picked up the officers lifesigns, and Da’al lifesigns within the command tent. She would assume that the Da’al within the ten had been affected with the Da’allium. Which would explain the need for silence.

Indeed the science officer even flinched at the hint of a noise from the devices connecting with the ground as they worked to prepare the equipment.

The Yelikan engineer gave the sign to move out, back toward the closest barrier emitter. They were daisy-chained.

The engineer got to work almost as soon as they reached the cylindrical device. The two science officers carefully set down their armloads, then took up guard positions behind the Chief Engineer. Tricorder in one hand, phaser in the other, the Human glanced at the Edo officer and whispered.

Lorana was still too far from them to hear what was being discussed. She removed her own phaser and felt the Caitian instincts for battle takeover. Her heart raced faster, her sight and hearing became sharper.

Lorana was nearing her crewmates, she observed the human science officer free up his hands, by holstering both tricorder and phaser then squatted down to remove the modified stasis device from the duffel they'd brought. Handing it up to the engineer, he watched as she moved it into position and began the connections.

Lorana was impressed with the engineer’s dexterity and skill as she moved parts into position, doing an extremely good job at maintaining silence as she worked.

Lorana could hear each click from her position. She could hear noise within the medical tent. A head poked around the post propping up the makeshift roofing. The hair was caked with dust and hung down into the man's eyes, but didn't seem to bother him in the slightest. The unkempt head turned this way and that, almost as though it was scenting for them. When he turned in their direction, there was no hesitation. He ran from the tent, heading straight for them.

Yalavvi: YOU'RE TRYING TO STEAL MY BLUEPRINTS!!

Jones: Incoming!

Yellir: Do your best to keep them away, I’m nearly done!

Jovenan/Jones: Responses

Lorana instinctively roared and growled before firing her phaser (which had been set to stun). It connected with the Da’al, he paused, falling back briefly before continuing his onslaught. More of the Da’al, similarly disheveled, poured from the tent.

Lorana joined the other officers and continued firing phasers - she hoped this would allow the team to complete their task.

Yellir: Initiating the pulse!

And with the push of a single command on her tricorder, there was an almost deafeningly pitched noise that resounded through the area. Lorana winced in pain, the pitch felt like something had crawled into her skull. She struggled to stay on her feet. The piercing noise slowly dissipated and with it the pain. Luckily Caitians recovered quickly and there was little after effects of the noise.

Lorana: Here I thought we’d be collecting samples and nursing scrapes. Is it always this exciting?

Jones/Jovenan/Yellir: Responses

Tag, and TBC!