Cmdr. Genkos Adea - I am Untethered and My Rage Knows No Bounds

Genkos Adea

Mar 20, 2023, 8:02:09 AM3/20/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Palace of Culture, Tecra, Meranuge IV))

Genkos looked over at his colleagues, taking a step backwards as he did so. The growing crowd was making him very nervous, as was the pressure that was building up in his brain.

Adea: Is this usual for your people?

Kleebohn: Hardly. Commander, I suggest you command the situation. Have you brought weapons? This could become a mob, and I'm not interested in dying today.

Silveira: We won’t stand a chance if we go violent. And there are children there.

Genkos nodded; even if they were all armed, four phasers against a large mob would only serve to piss the mob off. And then Genkos might be beaten to death with his own leg… which is precisely what he wanted to avoid.

Adea: Sorry, but we’re not firing upon an unarmed civilian crowd.

Kag: Response

Kleebohn: Well, how would YOU suggest we stop them then!?

Vitor took a step forward, surveyed the crowd and raised an arm skywards. Genkos blinked rapidly; what in the four hells was he doing?

Silveira: What’s that up there?

Adea: ::softly:: What are you doing?

Kag/Kleebohn: Response

Vitor gave Genkos a quick shrug, as if to say “it’s the best I can came up with”, which is what Genkos was afraid of.

Silveira: ANYONE CAN TELL ME WHAT THAT IS?

More began to turn and look, the shouting and protesting died down for a second as they searched the sky for something that wasn’t there.

Adea: ::quietly:: Lieutenant…

Kag/Kleebohn: Response

Some began to turn to look at the Tactical Officer in a confused fashion, for the sky wasn’t exactly clear, but there wasn’t anything relevant to where he was pointing.

Silveira: THAT IS THE SKY.

Vitor paused, as if to let his answer sink for just a second, as the crowd looked at him confused. Genkos joined them in their confusion, but seeing as they were calming down, he didn’t say anything.

Kag/Kleebohn: response.

Ignoring everyone, Vitor pointed to the crates they had unloaded, taking another step to the crowd.

Silveira: AND THAT IS HELP. FOR EVERYONE OF YOU. ::He raised his finger to the woman that had been protesting:: YOU, GET THE CHILDREN IN LINE OVER THERE. ::He turned to the “weasel” and pointed to two big guys next to him:: YOU THREE, GET OTHERS TO HELP AND GET READY TO SET UP NEW TENTS. ::He pointed at a couple, the woman holding a child.:: YOU TWO, GATHER TEN OTHERS AND GET READY TO RECEIVE CLOTHES. ::he finally pointed at the little girl, holding what appeared to be a rather weird stuffed bunny.:: YOU, PICK UP TWO GROWN UPS AND YOUR FRIENDS AND LETS GET YOU SOME FOOD.

Genkos was impressed by the stern, commanding voice coming out of Silveira’s mouth. Then Vitor raised his arms.

Silveira: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? YOU HAVE A WORLD TO REBUILD.

Kag/Kleebohn: Response

Jovenan rejoined the team, and Genkos sidled over as the cowed crowd queued (say that five times fast).

Adea: Who was that, Ensign?

Silveira/Kag/Kleebohn: Response?

Jovenan: It was Ensign Jones, their team had discovered something they wanted my opinion ab…

A beeping sound cut Jovenan off. For a split second she was confused of the source of the sound before realising it came from her belt. She picked up her tricorder, which made noise to get her attention to it. It had found something.

Jovenan: Oh dear, it’s here too!? Sorry, sir, I need to go!

She ran back to the courtyard.

Adea: What the - ?

Silveira/Kag/Kleebohn: Response

Genkos turned back the crowd, his headache growing stronger as he did so. His right eyelid started to tremble uncontrollably as he looked at Vitor and Kag organising the supplies to a belligerent, but so far obedient crowd. He had a flashback to his very first mission aboard the Gorkon, one where they had been delivering supplies to Romulan refugees, and where Genkos had maybe accidentally started a riot.

The knuckles on his right hand grew white as his grip on his cane grew tight, and his left hand kept forming and unforming into a fist. He strode next to Vitor and Kag and placed his left hand down on Vitor’s shoulder with more force than was strictly necessary.

Adea: Make sure they all get equal rations, Lieutenant. ::ferociously:: We don’t want anyone getting short-changed.

Silveira/Kag/Kleebohn: Response

Tags/TBC

Commander Genkos Adea MD

First Officer

USS Artemis-A

G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway