Ensign Savel - This, Is My Rifle. There Are Many Like It, Because They Are Replicated.

Savel

Apr 29, 2024, 9:49:14 PMApr 29
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Security Center | Deck 08 | USS Artemis))

Kel and Savel had now officially been able to meet without the interruption of some ethereal being that was obsessed with making the crew of this ship suffer. Things on the ship were back to normal and with that, both of the security officers needed to decide how they were going to be spending their time on duty.

As Savel pulled up the assignment list on the console, he saw that there were a few different ones available for them to choose from.

Savel: It appears there are multiple patrols available for us, one with a focus on Deck 03 and another focused on Deck 06. Both have interesting destinations we would be required to visit. ::switching the task list to the in-house assignments:: Or we could remain here to supervise and assist with weapons maintenance in the armory. ::looking up to Kel:: I will leave the decision to you.

Kel: Why don’t we stick here and assist with weapons maintenance? I feel like maintaining our arsenal might be important if we get any surprise visitors.

Savel didn't have any preference on any one task more than another. Nor did he put much thought into the one that Kel chose.

Savel: Very well, I will list us as the ones to complete this assignment.

Solas nodded as Savel tapped on the console to attach them to the assignment in the computer.

Kel: Our opportunities to work with phase rifles at the academy was somewhat limited so now may be as good a time as any to get more familiar with them. The question will be whether the ones here are better or worse than the ones we had at the academy.

Savel: I believe you will find the rifles stored in our armory to be of a higher quality than those kept at the Academy.

Mostly because they were used far less than the ones used for Academy training. The Artemis had not had many instances where rifles were needed to be used since Savel had joined the ship. He'd like to keep it that way as well.

Savel led the way to the Armory doors and used his access code to open them up. Inside there was already an armory tech creman working. It was Viktor, who had been inside of the Armory during a similar visit during Savel's own first few weeks on board. The tech looked slightly intimidated by the sudden appearance of two Ensigns, but gave an additional look at the full-blooded Vulcan among them.

For now, Savel left Viktor alone to continue his work. Instead he was going to introduce Kel to the weapons that were kept on the Artemis. There was a weapons rack already open, but this time that wasn't an infraction against Viktor as he was inside the armory and working.

He retrieved one of the rifles from the rack and brought it over to a workbench in the room. The rifle was in excellent condition, as they'd only recently been received by the Artemis

Savel: This, as you will be familiar, is a Type 3 Phaser Rifle. A newer configuration that was introduced in 2400. It took time for Starfleet to deliver the weapons to every ship in the fleet and the ships focused on scientific exploration were close to the last on the list of recipients.

Kel: Response

Savel stepped aside to allow Kel to take a look at the weapon himself, in case the Academy had still been using older Type 3s during his training. Whilst Kel did that, Savel continued on.

Savel: You will find that some essential functions of the weapon have changed. For instance, there are no longer incremental power settings. They have been exchanged for a simple selector switch that toggles between stun and kill. It prevents the need for complicated decisions during stressful situations.

Kel: Response

TAG/TBC

Ensign Savel
Security Officer