Lt. Silveira: Chaos rising, order arriving.

btv.abreu

Jan 1, 2024, 5:47:43 PMJan 1
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((USS Artemis, deck 3, Silveira’s quarters))

That wasn’t right. That wasn’t exactly wrong either.
In all true it wasn’t something of true importance.
But to him it felt strange as he watched his Grandfather Jonas holding hands with Nan.
The fact they were inside his quarters, but that it looked exactly as the inside of his grandparents Risa beach house, that he was watching while holding hands with Jo, and that there was a soft breeze with sweet forest scent, like he felt when he visited Betazed, didn’t triggered any sort of weirdness alert.

Maybe it was one of those chaotic mind association things. Nan, Granma, they sounded exactly the same right?

Even in the twenty fifth century the human brain still retained so many mysteries and it was indiscernible how it worked.

If said brain belonged to a human named Vitor Stone Silveira then finding out how it worked was…

Silveira: Beyond your wildest dreams…

Vitor said it loudly as he opened his arms and turned around and around, laughing at Jo.

Until it all started to lose color, fading slowly into gray. And dark blue, war gray, white, black…

He stopped looking at Jo. She raised her hand, opened her mouth to speak and he rushed to her. But he wasn’t going anywhere, he wasn’t moving and as she desperately looked at him she began to crumble to dust and if she was a sand castle struck by rain…

All at the sound of an insistent chirping.

((USS Artemis, deck 3, Silveira’s quarters))
((Not dreaming now))

Vitor sat up in his bed waving his arms around… His breathing was heavy and he was sweating. Blinking, he shook his head.

oO Another nightmare? Weirdest thing… Who in their right mind would confuse granma with nan? Oo

Only then he realized the insistent chirping coming from his personal console. He frowned wondering who could be calling at this time, and he prepared a load of swearing just in case it was Talos.

To his surprise there was a long range incoming call expecting a reply, he rubbed his eyes and sat down tapping in the commands to permit the comline. The picture flicked and it took him some time to realize he was looking at another ship and the face of Tito.
Surprised Vitor didn’t reply and just stared at the screen.

He blinked when the voice that sounded first was certainly not Tito’s

MGia: See, I told you you were going to wake him up. We should have sent a written message.

Vitor frowned and leaned forward.

Silveira: I am still sleeping right?

Tito smiled and leaned back, opening his arms and pointing at Thera in the back.

Tito: Not unless you started sleepwalking.

Thera shook her head and her antenna leaned down in Tito’s direction, but when she looked at Vitor she was smiling, although her eyes showed concern.

MGia: I am sorry Vitor, you should be resting but your… Brother here insisted. Actually he should have done this sooner… ::Thera turned to Tito and her antenna folded forward menacingly.:: A lot sooner.

Tito nodded and Vitor could have sworn he saw him blushing.

Tito: Yeah I really…

Cut short by a screech Vitor leaned back in surprise when Jonathan’s face popped up and filled the screen.

Jonathan: SURPRISE.

Vitor blinked and shook his head as he could hear Thera laugh in the back. Excited Jonathan took over almost all the screen as he spoke quickly.

Jonathan: Dad, we are coming to visit. Uncle Tito messed up your location so we will only be there for a day…

MGia: It will likely only be a few hours…

Jonathan turned disappointed

Jonathan: Mom, don’t ruin it… ::turning back forward.:: Anyway Dad, stick around. Our ETA is 21 hours.

Vitor blinked and rubbed his eyes again. This was another dream. Jonathan, Thera and Tito visiting him? More surprising was the way Jonathan mentioned Tito.
He was right in calling him uncle, for him Tito was like a brother, but the last time they saw each other was ages ago. Jonathan was still an infant and certainly didn’t hold any memories of it.

Silveira: What…. How did you plan this… And you hardly met… Uncle Tito?

Tito raised his hand. He looked at Vitor with a smile, but his eyes looked as if he was scanning him.

Tito: That’s my doing. I thought you would like our visit, but I thought you guys were coming back to DS224, so that’s why I have to correct the course again.

Thera shrugged and shook her head again.

MGia: I am sorry to say that Tito’s surprise skills leave much to be desired. But we just want to let you know we are coming to spend some time with you.

Vitor leaned back and fell silent, letting their words sink in. Tito managed to get Jonathan and Thera to follow him and, like he did when he visited in Risa, he was coming.
He smiled, feeling warm for the foreseeable, even if brief, reunion with the three of them.

His son, the mother of his son and his closest friend, his brother from another family were coming. And he only replied…

Silveira: I didn’t even knew we were shore leaving in Betazed…

Tito shook his head and smiled.

Tito: No worries, as my co-pilot here stated we will arrive in about 20 hours.

Jonathan: Yeah, get a holodeck ready because I got a lot of new skills to show you.

Thera leaned forward and brought some needed sense to all of them.

MGia: OK well, now you're warned and we will let you rest, we still have a long trip ahead as well. Get some sleep Vitor and we will see you soon.

They all waved and Vitor waved back, fighting to control a tear that was stubbornly trying to fall.
Vitor nodded, waved back and threw a few kisses, taking the chance to close the line quickly.

Silveira: Roger that. I can’t wait to be with you all. Later.

He took a deep breath as he closed the comline. The stubborn tear finally fell down his cheek as he looked back at the now black screen.

Silveira: Something is unbalancing this universe. ::Vitor shook his head:: Tito planning surprises… It’s almost as unlikely as delivering a baby in the woods these days…

No TAGs/TBC

Lt. Vitor S. Silveira
Chief Tactical Officer
USS Artemis-A, NCC-81287