Ens Chevalier - Airlock is your next friend, ensign

CPT Arianus

Jan 23, 2024, 10:20:30 AMJan 23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(( OPS Center, Deck 5, USS Artemis ))

Ensign Jaseb Chevalier personal log, stardate 240101.18.

Our lovely Assistant Chief of Operations, returned from his prolonged weekend on Betazed. He looked quite satisfied and he quite insulted us thoughtfully when he arrived. That much he was in a good mood. All OPS tasks were completed, and the ship is resupplied and loaded for her next mission. It was quite a productive weekend, and who made it smooth and effective? Yes, this ensign! All I have left to do is complete the report on the current energy transfers and check the updated inventory manifest before I send it to the lieutenant. With that, our backlog will be gone, and I believe that our ACOO will appreciate our work!
What a wonderful day!

Plus my new roommate, ensign Z'Vahme, turned out to be quite a fella, at least for Vulcan. When I saw he will be my roommate, I didn't appreciate the fact that much, as I was a little worried if this will work – my memories from the Academy, at all that whispering behind my back and looking down upon me, is still too fresh to forget. But with Z'Vahme, it's - as far - all good. He has his room, I have mine, and that caracal of his is somewhere in the middle. Yesterday that beast came in the middle of the night and made a pillow from my legs. Except pins and needles in the morning, it was by no means a bad experience. That beast is a living heater and the night was cold.

But enough about my roommate. Our shore leave on the Betazed is slowly ending and I received an invitation to the ceremony down on the planet later tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to, as this means we got a mission and we will sail off no later than day after. I'm excited and...

Chevalier: Computer, pause.

Jaseb looked up from his station to a smiling colleague. A very sly smiling colleague. Did he know something Jaseb didn't?

Chevalier: Yes?

OPS Ensign: Someone's in trouble here, robo. If I were you, I'd rather go somewhere to do something immediately.

Chevalier
: What? Why?

OPS Ensign
: ACOO found about your little „requisition“ when he was on the shore leave as you forget to sign off from his computer. And he's looking for you - and he's angry... And not in a good way angry... keelhaul your sunshine angry...

Chevalier
: Oupsie... thanks man.

Jaseb closed his log and took the PADD with invitation to the ship ceremony. All things accounted, the situation sounded like he could visit Betazed a little earlier than expected, to... he didn't know. Maybe help with preparations?

END

--
Ensign Jaseb Chevalier
Operations Officer