LtJG Hiro Jones - To Serve Where There's Need

notyourfrog

Jul 20, 2023, 3:36:18 PM7/20/23
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Captain's Ready Room, Deck 1, USS Artemis))

So Genkos was back, Ensign Sadar had joined the medical team, and things were going pretty well - at least from a physiological perspective. Hiro had spoken with several of the crew while they filtered through the medical ward with various injuries sustained during the "exercises" in the Paulson Nebula. The general tenor of the crew was one of dogged determination and pride in their work, but underpinned with mounting strain and stressors. In some cases, there was legitimate trauma that needed to be worked through.

Now Hiro stood outside the Captain's Ready Room, about to propose a rather unconventional idea. He extended his hand and pressed the page button on the panel. When acknowledged, he entered the room, and greeted his CO.

Jones: Commander, I was wondering if I could talk to you about something.

MacKenzie: Response

Hiro sat in the chair opposite her, and dove in before he could chicken out.

Jones: Sir, I can't help but notice: there are several people onboard dealing with a variety of issues. Patients tend to open up while I'm treating them. Things are going really smoothly in sickbay, and with Commander Adea back and the addition of fresh Ensigns, I'm not sure it's where I can do the most good.

MacKenzie: Response

Jones: Well, I'd like to remain a part of the medical team, but in a different application. My background in pathology and virology would (I think) be helpful in a research role, and I'd be willing and ready to jump in should there be need for another MD, but I would like to shift my primary focus to counseling.

MacKenzie: Response

Jones: Well, I'm sure you've read enough of my file to know that's what I did before. I believe that with the experiences I've had since then, I could help more people in that faculty than I did then.

MacKenzie: Response

TAG/TBC

USS Artemis-A, Medical
E239510KD0
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius