Ensign Luxa Lorana - Oh bonnie L'Assi

Luxa Lorana

Jul 22, 2023, 6:55:01 AM7/22/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Engineering - Deck 15 - USS Artemis))

Lorana: Would you like to join me on a visit to Spacedock later? I know it's kind of strange being on a new ship for the first time, and not knowing anyone. I'd for sure love the company.

Kuva: ::bobbing his head in consideration, bushy brow moving from furrowed in frustration to peaked in interest:: That would be acceptable, ensign—I thank you for your offer. Would - say - 2000 Hours work for you?

Lorana nodded, still uncertain of her new Vulcan friend.

Lorana: I'll see you then.

((OOC - I'm going to go head to Lt. Yellir's office in a different sim))

((Promenade—Cait Spacedock, ~2000 Hours))

Slipping into something a little more comfortable; a coordinated haltered crop top, and matching flared pants, coloured in a swirling marble pattern of pinks and red, pairing with gold jewellery. Her silver white hair flowing across her shoulders.

Any 20th century human would have thought she'd stepped straight out of a seventies magazine shoot, if not for her Caitian features.

Kuva waited patiently just by the entrance to the Spacedock's promenade, hands clasped behind him and pressed against the small of his back, observing a map. She noted that he was still in uniform. How very Vulcan of him.

Cait's Spacedock was aflutter with activity, full of life as people floated between shopping and eating and drinking and otherwise making generic, human merry.

Kuva: Ensign Lorana, thank you again for inviting me to visit Cait's Spacedock—it's got that lovely, classic Starfleet architecture. Have you been before?

Lorana, not for the first time, noted the emotive language, such as "lovely". She suspected that this Vulcan had mixed heritage and certainly wasn't raised on a Vulcan planet.

Lorana: Yes, many times. I was crew on a transport vessel. Cait Spacedock was on our route for a time.

Kuva: :nodding, listening intently:: I see. Well it seems the station offers quite the mix of Caitian and human selections; I've dabbled enough in the terran of late—is there anything Caitian you might recommend any other species need try? Food, drink, book, what have you...

Lorana: Interesting question ::thinks of a response:: Food is definitely the Pra'Lala curry, it's vegetarian, so suitable for a Vulcan but the depth of flavour … let's just say you will not get a better curry anywhere else in the galaxy. Caitian wines are exquisite, there are thousands of vineries on the planet. In fact many Earth wines are created on Cait, the climate is perfectly adaptable for a vinery. Especially on the central to southern continents. Sorry, I'm rambling on. Let me take you somewhere that serves half decent Pra'Lala.

Kuva: That would be most acceptable. And might I add, I noticed there is a Ferengi bar aboard the station, run by a, uhm, Grugg. My father and his friend often spoke fondly of a Ferengi establishment they used to visit in the Bajoran sector. Perhaps we could add that to our itinerary as well? If we've time, of course.

Luxa's ears pricked at the sound of itinerary. She must male time to introduce him to Zoy; she also loved an itinerary.

Lorana: Of course. Grugg is well known around here, have you brought some latinum? You'll need it.

Kuva: Wonderful. ::extending his arm out in the right direction:: Lead the way, ensign.

Lorana: Follow me.

As they made their way through the throng of crew, passengers, tourists and travellers Lorana took in the familiar scents and sights. Not much had changed in the five years since she'd left the Spacedock for the last time.

She nodded to those who recognised her, offering kind gestures to the Caitian that relayed her joy at seeing them after such a long time of absence, as was only polite.

These micro interactions would be unnoticeable by most other humanoids, slight changes in body language, the blinking of an eye and the flick of a tail would convey to another Caitian a warm welcome, and a promise to make the next trip shorter. In opposition to this, if you were displeased to see another Caitian, you could make this perfectly clear in the same way. Caitians performed these interactions, thousands of times a day, and rarely ceased a conversation with another species to perform them.

Eventually, they were here. A small, hidden away restaurant, just off the main promenade.

Lorana: Here we are. This is the best you'll get for authentic Caitian food on Spacedock.

An elder Caitain emerged from the restaurant, extending her hands.

L'Assi: Lux!

L'Assi purred, made several quick gestures and her tail was prone and straight behind her. This indicated her glee.

Luxa bowed her head, her tail matching the elder, except curving slightly at the end, indicating that she respects her seniority in age.

The two felinoids embrace warmly, cheeks rubbing gently together, scent swapping as tails interlink briefly.

Kuva: Response

Lorana: L'Assi, this is my colleague, Ensign Kuva. ::Turns to Kuva:: L'Assi is the owner of this restaurant.

Luxa points to the sign above them:

"L'Assi Lass Authentic Caitian Cuisine"

Kuva: Response

L'Assi: Come in! Would you prefer a chair or a lounger?

Lorana: Chairs please, L'Assi.

Kuva: Response

They entered the restaurant, which opened into a circular room. To the edges of the room, loungers were situated with smaller tables, at ground level and various groups of Caitians were enjoying their food.

The other humanoid species mainly occupied the centre of the restaurant which had the typical tables and chairs preferred for dining in other cultures.

Lorana and Kuva took their seats. L'Assi disappeared into the kitchen and a young Caitian approached. Luxa and the Caitian shared a warm greeting, tails swaying from side to side in matching rhythm.

Caitian Waiter: ::to Kuva:: Welcome, friend!

Kuva: Response

Tags/TBC

Ensign Luxa Lorana
Science Officer