Ensign Luxa Lorana - The return of the Daqara

Luxa Lorana

Jul 24, 2023, 5:28:59 AM7/24/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((L'Assi Lass Restaurant - Promenade—Cait Spacedock))

Lorana was pleased that Kuva had opted to order her recommendations, and found that she enjoyed sharing the simple joy of dining with her new colleague.

Kuva: Tell me, how did you go from serving aboard a transport to enlisting in Starfleet?

Lorana: Believe it or not, another nebula. The short version; We encountered a Starfleet ship, offered some assistance. The captain eventually recommended my admittance to Starfleet academy. ::Jokes:: To be honest, it was the academy or the syndicate. The captain of the transport … we had a complicated relationship.

The waiter returned with their drinks, one clasped in the grip of either paw.

Caitian Waiter: ::handing Luxa’s drink to her:: Forrr you…::handing Kuva’s wine to him:: aaaaand for you. Alright, and your food is on the way. Enjoy!

Luxa showed her appreciation by micro interactions, a soft blink and various flicks of her tails and hairs that stood on edge, along with a low purr.

Again the waiter spun and returned to the kitchen with an effortless speed, shooting back out with a tray of drinks for a pair of adjacent tables moments after, before rushing over to greet and seat a new table of five.

Kuva: ::listening with his head slightly turned, as if focusing on her speech patterns with his right ear helped him focus:: Interesting. Quite a harrowing story…and what sciences are your area of expertise?

Lorana: Exogeology, astrophysics. Not very imaginative. Although I am hoping to improve my knowledge in exobiology. The Artemis has amazing, advanced labs in the study of many species. I guess there's something exciting about the idea of discovering new biological life forms.

Kuva: Fascinating. ::sipping the wine, holding it in his mouth a moment like an obnoxious wine sommelier before swallowing:: Finely aged indeed.

Lorana nodded, and chuckled a little. She found the way that other humanoids consumed beverages to be odd and clumsy looking. It would be far more effective for them to lap it up with their tongue.

Caitian Waiter: A-ha! I knew you would appreciate it. Something to pair alongside it, then—

The waiter had reappeared beside their table, now gallantly brandishing a pair of plates for the two ensigns.

Caitian Waiter: ::laying the plates in front of Kuva and Luxa:: Here we are, and with compliments from the chef as well. If you’re in need of anything, just flag me down.

And like that, he was off again—a superhero of food service indeed.

Lorana observed Kuva as he began to eat his food. She couldn't tell if he was enjoying it or not.

Kuva: ::observing the plate carefully, as if he were recording warp core emissions for Lt. Yellir:: Excellent plating. ::returning his gaze to Ensign Lorana:: Now, back to what you were saying?

oO that's a compliment in Vulcan Oo

Lorana: Enough about me. I'd like to learn more about you. Am I right in thinking you weren't raised on Vulcan?

Kuva: Response

Lorana: Ah, raised on Earth, by a Bolian ::Lorana smirked:: I couldn't imagine what that must have been like? So alien. I struggled when I first arrived at the academy, human culture can be a little challenging at times.

Kuva: Response

As the meal continued, the conversation flowed easily. She found this Vulcan surprisingly conversational, which was probably the influence of the Bolian engineer he had mentioned.

((OOC - happy to backsim more here if you want to continue the conversation at the restaurant))

((Cait Spacedock - Grugg's Finest Luxury Bar))

Lorana and Kuva had ordered their drinks, she had gone for a low alcohol Daqara. Learning from her last experience with the famous Caitian Daqara, she sipped at it slowly. She really didn't want her colleague to think she was a problem drinker. Kuva didn't seem like the type that would appreciate that.

Lorana: How are you finding the Artemis so far? Have you had a chance to meet any of the crew or the other ensigns? :: Lorana laughs:: We have an ensign alliance.

Kuva: Response

Tags/TBC

Ensign Luxa Lorana
Science Officer