Cmdr. Genkos Adea - It's a Me, Genkos!

Genkos Adea

Feb 2, 2024, 9:32:04 AMFeb 2
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Chez Adea, Dekoa, Betazed))

Genkos was conflicted - he had just discovered that his childhood friend was here, hiding from the Jem’hadar, and even more - his “past” self was in some kind of “camp” for those who the so-called “white bloods” hated.

Adea: I see.. ::he looked over at his colleagues:: I am sorry. ::his face softened and he took a knee to see eye-to-eye with the child:: Why don’t you show us these animals - Dr Sadar and I can see if we can help.

Genkos felt the mind of young Tevet brush up against his, and tried to be as mentally welcoming as he could be.

Sadar: We’ll do everything we can.

Tevet seemed to mull it over for a brief moment, then lowered her head to the floor and nodded. She turned around, leading them down the basement stairs. There were an alarming number of animals, and Genkos had to throw up his mental shields to fend off their rough, animalistic fears. And that was before the smell hit him - Gila coughed, and Genkos fought off the urge to pull his sash over his nose.

Sadar: J-Just how many animals are you taking care of?

Tevet looked around for a bit.

Elain: I don’t know. I can’t count that big numbers.

Adea: Well we will see what we can do.

Sadar: B-But, Sir, I’m not a- ::pause:: Never mind.

Jovenan: I can try to help as well. I took some biology in the… school.

Genkos pursed his lips as he tried not to laugh at Jovenan’s less than deft cover. Genkos moved through the animals and was amazed at just how many were here. His parents had been outliers - Betazoids traditionally didn’t keep pets due to the whole “being able to read their minds” thing, but there were enough owners on the whole planet to keep his father’s practice alive. Genkos was examining a rather large Xanthan marmot, whose eyes were starting to be crusted over with rheum.

Jovenan: This one has considerable amount of rheum around its eyes. Do you think it’s the air, or an infection?

Adea: This marmot is suffering the same - it could be the air.

Sadar: Response

Tevet seemed to become immediately defensive.

Elain: I- I take them upstairs sometimes so they can walk and get air, but I can’t do that if there’s baddies nearby!

The trio continued looking over the pets - many of them seemed to be suffering from the same rheumy eyes, which concerned Genkos - although it wasn’t necessarily the sign of something more sinister, it didn’t bode brilliantly.

Jovenan: Do you think you could find tools Genkos’ parents’ would have been using in their work, Tevet?

Tevet started to walk, and then turned back to look at Jovenan.

Busted.

Elain: How do you know my name?

Genkos turned towards the child and held up both his hands in a placative gesture; his cane leaning against the table where a lycosian tarantula resided.

Adea: Um… you told us?

Sadar: Response

Terror was radiating off the waves, and she looked around wildly, whilst her eyes filled with tears. Genkos took a step closer.

Elain: Y- you’ve come to steal my pets and take me to the camp!

Adea: That’s not true!

Jovenan/Sadar: Response

Tevet wasn’t listening.

Elain: You’re liars!

As Genkos grew closer, Tevet sprang up and towards her knife. He decided to throw caution to the proverbial wind.

Adea: Tevet, it’s me! It’s me, Genkos!

Jovenan/Elain/Sadar: Response

Adea: I promise - look at my eyes Tevet, I promise I am Genkos, all grown up.

Jovenan/Elain/Sadar: Response

Tags/TBC

Commander Genkos Adea MD

Chief Medical Officer

USS Artemis-A

G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway