[FIX] Ens Hiro Jones - I Hate Question Marks

notyourfrog

Mar 8, 2023, 11:20:14 AM3/8/23
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( OOC - Justin and I were writing at the same time. This sim replaces my last, incorporating what he wrote. )

(( Ground Zero, Tecra, Da’al ))

Yalu: Based on your expressed needs here, we’ve brought our best people: Lieutenant Yellir is our chief engineer, Lieutenant Osuna is our Chief of Security, and Ensign Jones is our medical officer.

Jones: ::to Dari:: Willing to assist wherever you need, sir.

Osuna: Our priority is helping the local authorities with their recovery efforts.

Yellir: ::nodding:: We’ll do everything in our power to lend any aid to those in need.

Dari: Medical officer? ::he looked at Jones:: Not CHIEF medical officer? That seems out of place. Was he or she not available?

Yalu: Their whereabouts are not relevant. Every member of this team is an expert in their field, and we are here for the sole purpose of helping you. Maybe instead of insulting us, you might be so kind as to tell us where and how we can be of assistance. ::takes a step back, nods to Jones:: Doctor.

Hiro bristled ever so slightly at the insinuation, but he conceded: he was just an Ensign. Still, he knew he was perfectly qualified for the mission, and felt the need to point this out, abandoning his previously back-seat demeanor, Hiro stood up straighter.

Jones: I was chosen for this team because of my therapeutic background, sir. I have several years of counseling experience in addition to my medical training. The thinking was that there would be more to do than patch up physical wounds.

Dari: Understandable.

Osuna: response

Dari: We had incidents of people attempting to enter the crater or their old homes. Which is, I have been told, dangerous. Perhaps you can think of a better strategy than guards and forceful removal?

Osuna: response

Dari: ::to Yellir:: And what about you? Where do you see yourself most useful?

Yellir: response

Yalu::to Kef’in:: The resources of our ship are also available. We have an advanced planetary sciences laboratory and our industrial replicators are able to fabricate temporary, modular structures. ::nods to the tent/container ship wobbling behind them:: We would be happy to help upgrade your facility.

Hiro wondered at Dari's approach. Were they being interviewed? It seemed like any able-bodied assistance would be welcomed rather than scrutinized.

Jones: Are there wounded that need attention, Mr. Dari? Or some other way we can be helpful? I feel like getting to work.

Dari: Response

YaluVery well. I think we have enough instructions to keep us busy for the time being. ::to Dari:: Please lead the way.

Hiro looked down at his tricorder. It had continued scanning while the group stood around talking. Now the scans showed quite a bit of data he wouldn't normally have scanned for.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Airborne particulate: 3500µg/m³
- respiratory risk: low
- treatment: antimaterial aerosol, 20cc
NOTE: aberrant material pattern detected
- molecular makeup: Si₃Na₂??₅CaO₂

He saved the result to analyze later, but started an additional scan to determine the source of the unknown compound. The scans would have been flagged if there was an immediate health risk, which they hadn't done, but that didn't rule out other effects. The tricorder read "4 minutes until scan completion." He set it to background scan, folded the device, and holstered it.

TAG/TBC

Ensign Hiro Jones, MD
USS Artemis-A, Medical
E239510KD0
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius