[sb118-USS Artemis] Ensign Kel Solas - Doctor’s Orders: Shore Leave and Therapy

Xander Fulton

May 8, 2024, 11:01:22 PMMay 8
to USS RPG

((Primary Sickbay - Deck 7, USS Artemis-A))

Kel: Well, asides from those concerns, I think I’m in otherwise perfect health. Still, I understand protocol dictates we continue with the wellness check. I suppose a trip to the ship's counselor would do me some good though.

The Lieutenant looked like she might  fall out of her chair, though she hid her shock well, only wavering slightly. Until she started to speak, and her surprise took him more than a little off guard.

Sadar: Q-Q-Quite, yes. Umm... ::tries to regain her verbal footing:: I believe it would be logical to consider your body in the middle of a stress-reaction to the very trying ordeal we all just went through. Booking an appointment with a counselor is definitely the right step to mitigate this, and then making sure to enjoy shore leave. We’ll want to follow up on that ocular responsiveness, though, so I’ll make sure you receive a call for a second test in a few weeks, if that’s acceptable to you?

He nodded, reaching up to rub his eyes, as if wiping away a bit of sand would solve the problem of his ocular responses. A purely straight forward and logical solution if ever there was one. Worthy of the Carington award if anything was.

Kel: Two weeks, ocular exam and follow up. And between now and then do an intake with the ship’s counselor.

Sadar: Excellent. I’ll update your medical logs, and send a referral to the counseling team to speed up the process. ::makes some notes on her PADD before looking at Kel:: Have you made any plans for relaxation this shore leave?

He paused, reflecting on what he’d decided to do with himself on shore leave. Not knowing if she would approve, he ended up making the decision to just be honest.

Kel: Truthfully I don’t have anything specific in mind. I’m still fairly new to the ship and not entirely comfortable leaving my bunk for social events. I mainly planned for some meditations and maybe reading a good book or two. I might go to the Klingon Restraunt on the station later, try some gagh. But if there are any social activities planned, I can check them out.

Sadar: Ah, I’m afraid you’re, uhh, speaking to the wrong Lieutenant for that… ::wrecks her brain:: I, uhh, I’ve heard that some of the crew organize classes in various martial arts and exercises? And as I understand it, Bajor has significant areas dedicated to enjoying nature, if hiking or mountaineering is something you enjoy?

Solas paused, considering what he might enjoy when it came to the great outdoors.

Kel: I’m not one for Hiking or mountaineering, but I do rather enjoy a nice swim. My grandparents mentioned that Bajor has some nice places to swim. Rivers and such.

Sadar: Response

He paused, rubbing at his eye again as he recalled what she mentioned earlier in their little check up.

Kel: I should be alright to swim right? Nothing about my eyes would be a problem there?

Sadar: Response

TAGS/TBC

Ensign Kel Solas

USS Artemis-A