LtJG Hiro Jones - Beepbeepbeep!!

notyourfrog

Nov 16, 2023, 1:06:24 PM11/16/23
to USS Artemis-A – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((USS Artemis | Deck 4 | Transporter Room 1))

Jones: Xandeus, anything you can do to figure out where Thevn ran off to?

Filistrien: Response

Jones: They mentioned hostages. I think our priority should be our people. Once we have a stronger front, we can tackle the rest. we need to know where they're being held. Then we can figure out how to best help them. Thoughts?

Savel: If they truly do have hostages, then the ones in Sickbay will be defenseless. They will require our assistance more than the uninjured members of the crew.

That was a valid point. Even though Hiro had asked to move to counseling, he was still a doctor, and if their experience had proved anything, it was that sickbay was going to be in high demand as soon as the ship was secured.

Filistrien: Responses

Savel: ::to Hiro:: If we head to sickbay, we will fulfill our mission of defending the ship and you can offer your assistance to any patients that are currently housed there. We will also need to pass by Sickbay in order to get to any other sensitive locations of the ship.

Jones: That's a good point. ::pause to consider any alternatives:: Let's get a move on. oOHopefully the turbolifts are still working. I don't think I could manage a Jeffereys Tube right now.Oo

Filistrien: Response

Savel: Very well, we shall leave momentarily. ::looking now to Xandeus:: Mr. Filistrien, you have performed well. You are under no orders or obligation to join Lt. Jones or myself to Sickbay, if your duties will require you to be elsewhere. I will note your performance in my reports when I complete them.

Jones: Seconded. Well done, crewman, and thank you for your help.

Filistrien: Responses

Savel reiterated the orders to the remaining guards in the room before he and Hiro made their way back to the lift. Each step felt like something tearing in Hiro's middle, which slowed their progress significantly. Mercifully, the lift responded properly to their request, and soon the doors slid open onto the deck 7 corridor.

((USS Artemis | Deck 7 | Outside Turbolift))

((Timeskip: A few minutes later))

Savel hadn't shifted out of security mode for so much as an instant, so when they were exposed by the lift doors opening, he stepped purposefully into the passage, clearing every visible nook and corner before pressing forward.

Savel: It appears to be secure in this sector, Lieutenant. I will take the lead, since you are already injured.

Hiro was too tired to argue. His head swam, and his vision kept threatening to blur or double. Blood loss. No doubt about that. He was bleeding out inside. He knew Savel had had this ulterior motive in recommending this as their next stop. Assuming there were none of their doubles in sickbay and there was a decent surgeon, he'd be back in the fight in about 20 minutes. Sore, but serviceable.

Jones: Sure thing.

He waved to indicate his Vulcan friend should proceed. They'd come around the familiar bend, and could now see the entrance to the medical ward. There were no guards in the corridor, which was somewhat alarming, given what not-Sil had insinuated over the comms earlier. Still, it meant nobody was shooting at them for the moment.

Jones: ::weakly, a little slurred:: Hey Savel, I been meanin' to tell you. You're doing a good job. ::waving a hand:: I know you prolly don't care about "attaboys," cuz you like logic 'n' stuff, but I want you to know I'm happy to know you.

Savel: Response?

They'd reached the door to sickbay. They took positions to either side of the door, phasers ready. Hiro administered the hypo he'd prepared earlier, which immediately cleared his head and lessened the pain. He could fight a little longer now. He just hoped he wouldn't have to. This was causing significant and possibly irreparable damage to his internal organs.

Hiro met Savel's eyes, nodded, and the Vulcan pivoted, stepping through the archway as the doors hissed open. Hiro hesitated, looking down at a device which had given three quick beeps as soon as Savel had walked past it.

There wasn't time to process what the device was. There wasn't time to process the flash of light or the bits of flying metal packed into the combustion chamber. Hiro couldn't spare a single neuron to consider the fact his legs were moving in unnatural ways or that he was flying through the air. When he hit the ceiling on the far side of the corridor, he left a red stain, which he didn't notice. As his body slammed into a crumpled heap, he never tried to adjust his arm, even though the position it was in was anatomically impossible, and could not therefore have been comfortable.

The last thing Hiro thought between the beeping and the boom was, "Almost..."

TAG/TBC???

USS Artemis-A, Counselor
E239510KD0
"Pacifism is not passivity. It's the active protection of all living things in the natural universe."