Cmdr. Genkos Adea - Running From Responsibilities (feat. LtCol. Genkos Adea)

Genkos Adea

Nov 23, 2023, 8:40:19 AM11/23/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Intensive Care, Sickbay, Deck 7, USS Artemis-A))

Genkos smiled, and with a hand that was only slightly shaking, pushed back an errant curl of hair. He felt incredibly exhausted, but it was nothing compared to how Hiro looked or, presumably, felt. The man had been caught in an explosion and was not, to coin a phrase, doing very well.

Adea: The best thing you can do now is rest Hiro - once we have the ship back under control, we can get more of the medical staff in to help. Rebuilding you is going to be a long, and painful, process. I am sorry I don’t have better news to give you.

Jones: I'm not afraid of long processes. The fact you're giving me any news is in itself good news.

Genkos’ smile saddened, his dark ebony eyes glazing over - the man was correct, of course, but it was still unpleasant. Genkos knew first hand just how much rest, recuperation and recovery was in Hiro’s future, and he wouldn’t wish it upon his worst enemy.

Savel: I have no doubt in your ability to persevere through such a process. Your survival alone was a triumph against low odds.

Jones: How long do you think I'll need the restraints?

Genkos looked up at the biobed readings. He stared at it for quite a bit longer than strictly necessary, his eyes going in and out of focus before blinking a few times and coming back into the room.

Adea: Promise you won’t run away?

Jones: Hey, doc, why don't you get some rest? I'm clearly not going anywhere. ::smiling:: You gotta take care of yourself too, right? I have about a million questions, but they can wait.

Genkos bowed his head in thanks - even in pain, Hiro was a gentleman.

Adea: Thank you - but I would rather stay for a moment.

Jones: ::to Savel:: So what's the news from the rest of the ship? What's going on?

Savel: I have not yet inquired about other areas, I was focused on-

His answer to Hiro was cut off by the sudden chime of his combadge followed by the normally chirpy tone of Hallia, although in this moment she sounded… concerned.

Yellir: =/\= Yellir to security. I’ve—I’ve incapacitated Major Dakora, and retaken Engineering, I need him removed and—and a medical team to look over him. He’s badly wounded. =/\=

Genkos leaned heavily on the biobed, and let out a little sigh.

Yellir: =/\= We’re on the mid-level— uh, deck... fifteen. Engineering’s been fortified for now, but I can let you in if you signal me when you get here. =/\=

Savel: =/\= Savel to Yellir. I am responding from Sickbay. I will arrive shortly with medical assistance and additional security. =/\=

Yellir: =/\= Response? =/\=

Once he'd responded, he looked back to Genkos and Hiro.

Savel: I must go to assist Lt. Yellir. Commander, if you have a medical team to spare I would appreciate it if they would join me. ::looking to Hiro:: Lt. Jones, I will return later when I have more answers to your questions.

Adea: Take Morgan and a few EMTs.

Genkos watched as Savel exited the ICU and he turned back to his patient.

Adea: I’m going to get some shut-eye in my office for an hour or so. You should try and do the same - you know as well as I do the benefits of sleep. Call me if you need me.

Jones: Response

After giving Hiro’s readings one final check, the good Betazoid walked heavily out of the room and crossed the hurried sickbay to his office. It was a long walk, partly because he was so bodily tired, but also because he was consistently, constantly halted by a barrage of questions, queries and concerns from his staff. He answered them all, as patiently as he could, rubbing the ligament marks on his wrists as he did so.

When he finally made his way into his office, he immediately darkened the lights and he was asleep in his reclining chair before it had even gone all the way back.

((Meanwhile, on the way to the brig))

Lieutenant Colonel Genkos Adea was being dragged to his new prison, whereupon his arrival he was presumably to be executed, or sent back home, which was just as good as a death sentence. Having now tasted the sweetness of a life without a pre-written expiry date, the Betazoid was not planning on giving it up without a fight. He looked up at one of his captors, a young human Ensign, judging by the pips on his neck. The woman gripping his other arm was blue, possibly a Bolian, and had some kind of bar on her shirt’s neckline.

Bu’tthaud: Let’s get him down to the brig.

Beevis: Quick as we like.

LtCol. Adea: ::to the Bolian:: So, you’re the senior officer here, eh?

The Bolian shot him a dirty look.

Bu’tthaud: No, I am a Crewman - Ensign Beevis here is my superior officer.

Genkos smiled, uncurling a tendril of his mind as he did so and prodding the human repeatedly in the brain with it, the telepathic equivalent of “stop hitting yourself”.

LtCol. Adea: Yeah, but you’re in charge, right? Sexy, powerful woman like you.

He felt Beevis’ grip on his sleeve tighten. Ah, so he’d hit a nerve. He kept probing with his mind.

Bu’tthaud: Ignore him Ensign. And you, shut up.

LtCol. Adea: Yes ma’am, by the four I do as you say.

Beevis came to a sudden halt, which jerked Adea’s arm free from Butt’haud’s grip. The man’s face was flushed and his brows were drawn into a frown. The Betazoid’s plan had worked.

Beevis: She is not in charge here.

Spinning on his heel, he managed to tug his other arm out of the Ensign’s grip and he ended up behind the poor human male. Genkos put both his hands on the man’s head and twisted sharply until he heard the click that told him he’d severed the man’s spinal cord.

Dropping him like a sack of potatoes he leaped forward and shot a fist across the Bolian’s jaw. She fell back, but was still on her feet so he swung another fist into her stomach. Winded, she went for her phaser - something the bad doctor didn’t want as he knew phaser fire would alert the authorities. So he kicked up and his knee connected with her hips with a rather sickening crunch.

As she screamed with pain, the doctor seized her head in his hands and after giving her a cheeky wink he moved it swiftly to one side and she too went down.

Smoothing back his hair and his Starfleet uniform, he took a look around. They seemed to be in some kind of corridor, though he had no idea where. He dragged the pair and deposited them in a cupboard at the end of the hall, locking it with the Commander code he’d borrowed from his counterpart.

He grabbed one of their phasers, as well as a PADD and brought up a map of the ship. He found that he wasn’t too far from a shuttlebay. It was very clear to him that there was no way Addison and the rest of the crew were going to be able to hold the ship; so he’d better bail…

((A short while later, Shuttlecraft Ephesus, at high warp))

Genkos let out a long, slow breath. He’d managed to escape the Artemis pretty easily - the crewman in the shuttlebay had fallen for the nonsense the Betazoid had espoused about needing a shuttle to check external damage to the ship. Once the ship was airborne, the doctor had asked him to show him how the transporter system had worked.

((Flashback - a few moments before))

LtCol. Adea: So you just lock onto a target, like this..?

Crewman Graavik looked at what Genkos was doing and nodded.

Graavik: That’s precisely right, Commander.

LtCol. Adea: And then I just choose somewhere to pop them?

Graavik: Yep, that’s exactly right, sir - although that spot seems to be -

The Klingon officer’s thought was interrupted first by the tingling of the transporter beam, and then by the fact that all the oxygen in his body was dissolving. He was dead within seconds as his entire body turned into a simultaneous embolism.

((the present - Shuttlecraft Ephesus))

So, where to go? He had a replicator, a shuttlecraft, full access to all of Genkos Adea’s personal history, and nobody knew where he was… Well, there was one obvious place to go…

Tags/TBC

Commander Genkos Adea MD

Chief Medical Officer

USS Artemis-A

G239502GS0

"You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command." - Kathryn Janeway