Ensign Luxa Lorana - The Institute of Art

Luxa Lorana

Aug 21, 2023, 2:49:24 PM8/21/23
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Deck 04 - Transporter Room 1 - USS Artemis))

Lorana: Hi! I'm glad you could make it!

Ensign Kuva was the first to arrive, entering the transporter room and standing before her.

Kuva: Salutations.

Lorana: We've got some time before we need to meet Fromsi.

Kuva: I am eager—though I am but familiar with Vulcan and human arts, it is always exciting to see how other species may tackle similar subjects.

Lorana: ::excited:: I am biassed but I think Caitian art is the most beautiful in the galaxy.

Kuva: Though I’ll admit, I do not yet know this…Fromsi? Who is this person—a friend of yours?

Lorana: ::cautious:: He's my older sibling, a professor at the Institute.

The transporter room doors swooshed open, revealing Captain MacKenzie and Ensign Sadar. The Captain had opted to wear a sleeveless dress, and Luxa thought that she looked rather fetching.

Sadar: Hello...

MacKenzie: Looks like we’re right on time!

Lorana noticed that Sadar looked a little hesitant as she waved at them. Lorana wondered if she was upset that she had invited others to their trip and she felt a little guilty that she had done so without consulting with her first.

Lorana: Perfect! I'm so happy you could make it. I hope you don't mind our twosome has become a foursome?

Kuva/Any: Response

Sadar: No, it’s… I’m just… I am looking forward to our outing.

Lorana: :: smiling:: We'll have so much fun.

Kuva/Any: Response

Sadar: I have read up on a few reference materials since Lorana-net suggested going, but not extensively… Fresh eyes are better for the arts, I think.

MacKenzie: I agree. I prefer to take everything in as it comes and do my homework and reflection at the same time.

Lorana: Art is to be experienced. Take that from someone who has studied the subject since she was old enough to purr. ::rambles on:: You can read about a painting, the techniques and the materials used but you can't study how it's going to make you feel in that moment. Fromsi is going to show us the rare antiquities within the vaults.

Kuva/Any: Response

Addison raised an eyebrow.

MacKenzie: And this Frommage character… is an acquaintance of yours?

((OOC - Lols at Frommage))

Lorana: Froms'r. Or Fromsi as I call him. My brother, and one of the art professors.

The CO cleared her throat, her eyebrows raised at the correction.

MacKenzie: Right. Fromsi. …anyway, who else are we waiting on?

Lorana: I think that might be us. Anyone else can meet us on the surface, I've left instructions on where they can find us.

Sadar/Kuva/MacKenzie: Responses

Lorana: Let's go! After you Captain.

The Captain leads the way and the gaggle of ensigns follow suit, taking their positions on the transporter pads before shimmering from the transporter room.

((Caitian Institute of Art - Sh'erato City - Cait))

They materialised on the steps to the Institute. On one side to them Sh'erato City, devoid of the familiar skyscrapers of larger cities, instead it was a sprawling city, full of much more elegant buildings, parks and recreational facilities. Within their immediate vicinity there were cafés, restaurants, antique vendors, and small art galleries.

The crown of the city was the Institute itself. It was positioned at its centre and all main thoroughfares led to it. The building itself had four towers, deliberately positioned at each point of the compass, with spiral staircases that wrapped around each tower and an intricate assortment of walkways, galleries, sculptures and floors that connected each of the towers.

The roof was constructed of natural materials, positioned in such a way as to allow the natural light in, at some points it would appear you'd be in open air, yet completely sheltered from the outside elements.

Froms'r approached, arms wide opened in greeting, he wore a fine tailored suit red silk suit, with golden lapels.

Froms'r: Luxi!

((Froms'r is an NPC anyone can write for him, if you want to make a reference to Luxa's past just send me a message))

Froms'r took her paws in his own, their tails rotating in perfect unison before intertwining and they embraced, ensuring their cheeks connected for the scent marking.

Luxa: Fromsi, I'm honoured that you've agreed to show us around. ::Turning to the others:: Let me introduce you. This is Doctor Sadar.

Froms'r bows his head and blinks his eyes as a mark of respect.

Sadar: Response

Froms'r: Welcome doctor. I'm unfamiliar with your species, I hope that you'll be comfortable if there are any specific requirements please inform me and I'll make sure that you are attended too.

Sadar: Response

Luxa: :: points to Kuva:: This is our newest engineer Kuva.

Froms'r repeats his greeting.

Kuva: Response

Luxa felt herself beam, she had saved the one that she knew her brother would be most impressed by. She was ashamed to admit that she was eager to get his approval and taken the commander of a Starfleet ship was certainly something that would impress him.

oO maybe he'll tell mother Oo

Luxa: Finally, this is the commanding officer of the USS Artemis, Captain Addison McKenzie.

Froms'r: ::impressed:: Captain! I wasn't sure if you were joking when you said that you're superior was keen to come and see our ::flicks his hand towards the enormous institute :: tiny little space.

Froms'r approaches the captain.

Froms'r: It is with great honour that we accept you here, Captain.

Froms'r tail flicks a few times then goes prone.

MacKenzie: Response

Tags/TBC

Ensign Luxa Lorana
Science Officer