Lieutenant JG Hayley Caden - After the Effect

Ben Stryker

Jul 25, 2021, 1:14:22 PM7/25/21
to USS Arrow – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Genti II-Grand Central Establishment, Federal District.  Brynja Bairiri Hall - Central Courtyard))

Hayley walked a bit down the path along the venue. It was nice outside. Plenty of views and flowers. The junior lieutenant looked around and placed a hand on her hip. Scratching her chin with her hand, she exhaled and breathed in the air and shook her head. It was nice to be back into her own body after that ordeal. Resuming her walk, she joined the small group that slowly formed.

Alvarez: Welcome to the Brynja Bairiri Hall!  Quite a spectacular location, don't you think?

Caden: It’s nice. ::smirks::

Rodan: It's incredible!

Hayley nodded. He said it better than her. Although she was happy to get her empathic senses back, she couldn’t help but feel those around her. Her friends seem impressed by the city around her. She, for one, was glad for another vacation.

Serinus: Quite wondrous.

Anyone: Response

Alvarez: Well, our display is to the east.  It's actually pretty extensive - we managed to get some original artwork on short order delivered by autonomous shuttle.  The crew also contributed a lot - if you have something you'd still like to put up, you're absolutely welcome to, but now would be the time.  The Gentii displays are in the west and north wings.  I haven't managed to look too closely yet, so maybe you'd care to join me for a stroll?

Rodan: Of course, and it's a great evening for it.

Placing her arms behind her bag, the tall engineer followed along slowly and looked around while taking in the sights. Looking back, she searched her mind for how to deal with what the Bairiri did to them.

Alvarez: The "food court," for lack of a better term, is to the south along with the main performance stage.  I did manage to try some food - it's really something.  There's something I can only describe as a barbequed lettuce wrap... That's not even really it.  It's crispy and juicy... tangy and spicy... just delicious.  I'd be down to sample more of that too.  Of course, we have several replicators set up too, as well as a couple of dishes made with aeroponics groceries.

Rodan: You really have outdone yourself. This is like a Risian resort complex... only nicer and less tacky.

Serinus: I moved my cheat day so I could sample the local cuisine. And it sounds like I made the right choice.

Caden: Agreed

Being a woman of a few words, Hayley realized she could probably say something more.

Rodan: What about the running order? Who's up first?

Alvarez/Anyone: Response

Rodan: I mean... I could. I've warmed up crowds before, but none in the range of tens of thousands!

Artinus: I've wrestled in plenty of tournaments with crowds like that, but my display today will be entirely different.

Hayley looked at Artinus and smirked. Keeping her composure, she placed a hand on her hip and waved her other hand out toward them.

Caden: I’ve done some wrestling myself during the academy. Maybe I could enter some?”

Alvarez/Anyone: Response

Rodan: Oh I have it all figured out... ::He pulled an isolinear chip from his pocket which was coded with the holo-band and accompanying lighting effects and waved it around seductively.:: "Bad Maz Nevron and The New Breed". My Academy band. Just... don't laugh at the outfits. Or the hairstyles. We were young and stupid.

Hayley looked at him sharply and inquired.

Caden: What?

Alvarez/Anyone: Response

Rodan: Also, I have something else which might take the edge off opening night nerves.

Rodan: That is Trill Mead. So sweet you'll get diabetes. So strong it'll knock your spots off.

Hayley watched the exchange as Maz handed the drink to Maria. She licked her lips slightly and smiled. That looked good.

Caden: Hmmm.

Alvarez/Anyone: Response

Serinus: Personally, I was going to sample the food first, that way I won't be too full when it's time to perform.

Hayley gave Artinus a look and nodded with a smile. She replied coyly.

Caden: Have fun.

Alvarez/Anyone/Rodan: Response

Serinus: I guess we shall meet again in a while.

Alvarez/Anyone/Rodan/Serinus: Response

Hayley felt somewhat different. Since walking along and around here, she’s been feeling loose. As part Betazoid, it was as easy to feel everything at once and take in the scenery. With her eyes back at the small group, she smirked,

Caden: So. What do you think? Should I enter some tournaments or stick around?

Tag/TBC

Lieutenant Junior Grade Hayley Caden, “Devon

Engineering

USS Arrow NCC 69829

To build something great, first you must destroy it

Writer ID: J239706HC0