Odyssey Station - It's All In Your Head (part 1)

1 view

Marissa Jeffrey

Jun 30, 2022, 12:06:38 PM6/30/22
to USS Arrow
((Odyssey Station))

The Greeter known as Gareth-6 stood in the center of an otherwise empty space somewhere on the station. Other Greeters materialized around him. Curious looks dotted their otherwise placid faces, not knowing fear, nor pain, nor struggle, or joy, happiness, or love - only curiosity. One by one, they approached and watched as parts of the events of down below played through their minds through that of Gareth-6.

((Flashback, Not Long Ago))

Jacin: We require further information, so as to ensure that the protocols are followed.

It was a curious thing to the Greeters as a whole that these people were not aware of the Code. After all, the last Guardian of the station had been one of them, and had returned to them as well. It was assumed that they would understand better than most others that came to the station.

Gareth-6:  The information is all around you.

They also didn't seem to understand how to use the station. The last crew had discovered by literally falling into it. Other races had faced their own challenges. Gareth-6 wondered if a manual of the Ways would be helpful in cases such as this, or if the non-interference directive the Greeters had been given would prevent such things. The station really needed a new Guardian to guide these decisions.

Collins: Right. Yes. What about controls? Gateway arches of some kind? How exactly do you open the Way Corridors and keep them stable?

Dewitt: There are huge energy emissions from inside the station's core. It exceeds the power levels of anything I have seen on Federation ships and stations. It could be what keeps the corridors open on our end. But I doubt that it is enough to form them across the Galaxy.
Any: RESPONSE

The corridors had always existed. It was a network that was a remnant of the universal beginnings, and one that was simply taken advantage of using the right pulses, the right energy, directed in the right ways. The ancient race of creators had uncovered that before they transcended the physical realm, along with a great many other technological advances that could potentially reshape the universe as a whole. Perhaps that was the main motivation behind the non-interference directives.

Gareth-6: You will find the information you need to work out your desires around you. Feel free to explore the station. Once a destination is decided, the appropriate corridor will be made present.

It was all he could really say. Like the others, they would find their way. With that, he had faded away and went to share with the collective intelligence of the Greeters what he had learned.

((End Flashback))

Information travelled almost instantly on the station, and when the alert had come in silently, Gareth-6 had taken his leave of the group and returned to the visitors. They seemed to have some concern of their person, to which Gareth-6 felt the need to present options.

Gareth-6: We could allow transport back to your ship if the confinement is harmful in some manner. Usually we would wait until your destination has been chosen, but if you allow such behavior on your ship, we will not judge nor argue.

Collins: No, not harmful. More confusing, I think.

Well, that was a positive at least. Gareth-6 still noted that it was causing distress, which was not conducive to the sharing of knowledge or information. They would allow them to invoke the retreat part of the Code and return their member to their ship.

Dewitt: We don't allow such a behaviour. But Mr Hitchcock seems to have been influenced by unfamiliar circumstances. On the Arrow, our medical staff might be able to treat him.

Another of their team seemed to concur.

Ar’Gorvalei: We need to diagnose his condition on our ship.

While all of them were not required for the protocol to be enacted, Gareth-6 heard them out and then bowed ever so slightly as if to acquiesse.

Gareth-6: You may take him back, but he will not be permitted to return here for the duration of your visit. Such is the Code.

Dewitt: Please send him directly to sickbay. ::to Ar'Gorvalei:: We might have to call in Mr Hitchcock's situation?

Ar’Gorvalei: ::Tapping his communicator:: =/\= Ar’Gorvalei to Sickbay. Please arrange an emergency medical transport for Crewman Hitchcock. He appears to have been … affected by the station or our recent transit. He may be violent.

In perfect stillness where he almost seemed to float, Gareth-6 allowed the visitors to take care of their issue. He was pleased that such results had come of the situation. Peaceful resolution was always the goal and would result in more for both sides. The station would not allow violence, and truth be told, Anya's influence on the Greeters from a decade ago left a fondness for those in the uniform that spoke of the Fleet of Stars.

(OOC - Anya was a hybrid between a Greeter and Kalianna Nicholotti created by the station's Guardian, she brought humanity to the collective consciounsess a good nine or so years ago when she died...)

Any Sickbay: Response

The strange light beam shimmered within the stasis field and took its contents. Once the lights faded, so did the field.

Ar’Gorvalei: ::Nodding to Gareth-6:: Thank you.

Again, Gareth-6 bowed ever so slightly.

Gareth-6: The Code must be abided. We do not wish harm or violence on any, just as it is not welcome here.

TBC...

--
Odyssey Station

As simmed by: