PNPC Lt.Commander Roxy Wilde - Data Mining

David H

Jul 1, 2022, 11:44:16 AM7/1/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

   ((USS Arrow - Deck 3; Main Engineering))

Roxy was busy moving from console to console, her green eyes darting from PADD to PADD in her hand as she attempted to do simultaneous things at once. For starters, she had to understand who had botched her work log. In hindsight, it seemed foolish to only issue one log to the computer. In times of crisis, it felt more prudent to keep a paper trail of her work should anything untoward happen. Like someone altering them to inhibit an investigation.

The second part of her workload was Proteus. Most of the ship's delegation of engineers were busy with structural repairs, and she was loath to ask for any additional help from that brutish Tellarite. So she and her own team had to focus on repairs to the drive.

She placed a PADD down on the counter and ran a hand through her curly red hair. How long had she been on duty? She was tired, but admitting that would never happen. Despite the friendliness of the crew, she still felt like an outsider.

Chloe, her newest acquaintance on the ship, had reported to Sickbay after their trip in the turbolift and had not long rejoined them. It made sense, anyone with a psionic sensitivity had been reported to Sickbay, and that was the reason Waters gave. Since her return, however, she seemed a little... distant. Roxy hoped it wasn't bad news.

She was going to approach the Helmswoman, and perhaps offer some words of comfort or understanding. But she hesitated. She didn't know why she did, but something in the back of her mind told her this assignment was  temporary, and as soon as they were back in the galaxy and back at Earth, she'd have to say her goodbyes.

O’Malley: Hello, all. How may I be of assistance?

She turned and spotted the new Ensign, O'Malley. With the assistance of a qualified communications expert, Roxy felt the tampering of the work logs would be solved very quickly.

Waters: Ensign. It's good you're here.

Wilde: Indeed it is! Now, I'm so sorry to pull you away from your work, but it seems some work logs have been... tampered with. We're aiming to piece together where everyone was or where they should have been at the start of the test drive.

O’Malley: Oh, dear. How many logs are compromised?

Wilde: Just the master, but it contains information for my entire team of staff, and the Arrow engineers as well.

O’Malley: Alright. Well, if that’s true, then I could try to comb through this and find who changed it, which would give us a suspect. I just need to narrow down when these were changed, and then find the console that was used, then unscramble the data signature, and then find the original logs.--

The Ensign chuckled a little snicker before recovering herself.

O’Malley: It’s a long bit of reverse engineering, but we’ll get there. Wilde, can you give me a rough estimate as to when you put these in and when you found them changed?

Roxy blinked once and offered her most charming smile. It amused her, really, after her conversation in the turbolift with Chloe about rank and nomenclature, the Ensign straight out of the academy chose to speak to a superior officer by last name rather than rank. It didn't bother her. She was a rule breaker herself. And she appreciated a woman who would hold her own.

Wilde: Of course. They were input when the Arrow was cleared for departure from Space Dock. My team had just arrived and they got straight to work on their assignments. I discovered the errors only in the last hour.

O’Malley: Alright, that gives me some frame of reference. If either of you find any more glaring discrepancies, let me know so I can use them to more accurately estimate a time of change. I can get started on sorting this out immediately if you’d like.

Wilde: I appreciate that, Ensign. And I'm sorry to pull you away from Commander Serinus. I thought your skills would be better suited here.

Waters; Keep us apprised of your progress... ::she paused, looking to O'Malley's collar again:: Ensign.

Roxy's keen eyes flitted between Chloe and Ensign O'Malley's collar. Since returning from Sickbay, Waters had been resolute in her silence. The calming, almost chatty nature from the turbolift had been replaced by a veil.

O'Malley: Understood.

Waters: And Ensign?

O'Malley: Response

Waters: Welcome aboard. You will do fine.

O'Malley: Response

Waters finally turned to Roxy.

Waters: As for us?

Wilde: Well, I could always use an extra eye going over these quantum matrix calculations.

Waters: Response

She handed the woman a PADD and consulted her own. Her life at the moment seemed to consist solely of pouring over endless data and calculations. She was silent for a moment, then lowered the PADD.

Wilde: You've been posted here for some time, haven't you.

Waters: Response

Wilde: I wonder if you'd tell me... Stardate 239711.29. The day the Arrow was boarded by Orions... And my brother was injured. ::She paused.:: Where did it happen?

Waters: Response

Huffing an over exaggerated laugh, Roxy shook her head.

Wilde: For a man who has a motor mouth and very little ability to control it, he kept surprisingly silent on the subject. I know he was injured. I know the extent of the injuries. But he never went into much more detail.

Waters/O'Malley: Response

Wilde: Ah, of course. ::She chewed her lip.:: The stalwart Commander Serinus. You know, I will ask him. I'll do just that...

Waters/O'Malley: Response

TAG

PNPC Lt.Commander Roxy Wilde
Research & Development Engineer