Ens. Connor Dewitt - Interior Architect

Tim

Aug 5, 2022, 4:42:25 AM8/5/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((OOC: Justin, feel free to put this conversation before or after Connor came to Quentin to apologize, if it is necessary))

((Crew Mess, Deck 2, USS Arrow))

He desperately needed a coffee. It has been three hours of planning and moving around for the foundry he wanted to build to compile the final list of requisitions. He needed a break. With a fresh and hot coffee from the replicator, he saw Commander Serinus discussing with Commander Collins at one table. He had to run the designs by him anyways. The security chief of a ship after all must approve the changes he wanted to do by building the foundry. He felt the nervousness arise in his stomach and decided to act fast before it overwhelmed him.

Dewitt: Commanders, do you mind? ::pointing into the direction of an empty seat::

He more and more became part of the staff aboard the Arrow. And while he would not call himself senior staff, together with Kenneth he was present at most mission briefings and decision meetings to represent engineering.

Serinus: By all means, Ensign. Take a seat.

Collins: Response

Connor smiled and put down his coffee mug and his PADD on the table and took a seat. Commander Serinus took another bite of his delicious looking chicken breast.

Dewitt: Enjoy that meal! I hope I am not intruding. What were you talking about?

Serinus: We were just talking about building a lounge and bar area for the crew to hang out at on off duty hours. ::break:: An engineer might be handy to have for such a project, don't you think?

Collins: Response

Dewitt: That sounds terrific! I already thought that recreation might come up a little short on the Arrow.

Serinus: Welcome to Operation Starboard Bow. ::Again, he pronounced it like the weapon:: When can you start?

Connor smiled satisfied. He was always a little afraid to break into existing relationships, to be a burden on others - especially superior officers. Commander Serinus' eager invitation made him feel more than welcome.

Dewitt: I like the sound of that, it sounds like an ancient Earth military operation. ::laughing:: I guess most of what we need could be replicated onboard. And when we build a lounge area, we could even sacrifice the crew mess and relocate it there. This space could become more supply storage. That way, the Captain should have no other choice but to approve it, especially if we add a real coffee machine to the space.

He looked at Commander Collins, remembering the last time he had acted without the approval of his superior. To distract himself, he pulled up some deck plans on his PADD and looked over them to get an idea of where the space could go.

Serinus/Collins: Response

Dewitt: I guess there should be enough space to create what you are envisioning. We just would have to move some power lines. ::snorting:: I have the feeling of becoming an interiour architect onboard. We're also planning a small foundry space in engineering. ::looking up from his PADD:: If you ever need anybody choosing the colors of your curtains, let me know.

Serinus/Collins: Response

He put down his PADD and took a sip of his coffee. Although it was only replicated coffee, he felt the immediate relaxing effects on his mind.

Dewitt: I don't know how long we will stay at Deep Space 224, but if the Captain approves it, I bet we could get some help from the station's staff to tackle this.

Serinus/Collins: Response

Dewitt: So what else do you envision for the space, despite a bar, some chairs and a coffee machine?

Again, Connor had to smile at himself. He already sounded like an interior architect.

Serinus/Collins: Response

TAG/TBC

--
Ens. Connor Dewitt