Lieutenant Jacin - I'll Kill You Myself

1 view

Emma Banin

Jul 1, 2022, 4:12:44 AM7/1/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Odyssey Station, ‘Control Room’))

Jacin: Okay So Ensign Dewitt or Lieutenant Ar’Gorvalei can remain with me and monitor me. You know this makes sense, Commander. It's what the very purpose of Starfleet is.

Collins: And what happens when this technology adversely affects your mind, hmm? What about long-term effects of exposure? The Doctor is talented, yes, but not as talented to save your sanity from cosmic bedlam. I won't risk it. I won't risk YOU. That's final, Lieutenant.

Jacin:  And what if that doesn’t happen? What if the connection is stable? Think of the information. Think of the discoveries. It’s what we’re here to do.

Collins: That's. FINAL. Lieutenant.

Nakada: Response

Ayemet glared at Commander Collins. A rage and frustration building in her, but she kept her silences, stepping away from. the machine and turning her back on it, and the group.  She heard a scream and turned to see Connor interfacing with the machine, one of his arms  attached by some kind of strap,  Commander Collins approached the Ensign but was repelled by the fractal patterns of a force field.

Ar’Gorvalei: Connor!

Collins: What is this?!

Gareth-6: I do not have the answers you are seeking.

Collins: Hang your Way! This is one of my officers! What's happening to him?!

Gareth-6: What is happening is of his own designs. We do not control this. He does.

Ayemet walked up to the force field in rapt fascination. She scanned the wall of energy her emotions a heady brew of scientific curiosity and fear over what it might be doing to Connor. She stared at the data that her tricorder offered up, None of it was remarkable in of itself.  She still felt that simmering resentment and exasperation at the orders not to engage any further, with the station, but she knew that at this moment in time she had duty to fulfil. Besides that Connor and his safety was far more important than her own emotional battles.

Jacin: Force field is being generated is level 10, strong enough to withhold anything we could hope to throw at it, at least given our situation. I’m reading no emitter. It’s  it’s almost as if Ensign Dewitt is generating it.

Any: Response

Ayemet put her hand towards the barrier, feeling the tingling in her palm. There was a low numbing noise that rose in intensity as her hand grew closer to the barrier. She touched it gently, only just lightly grazing the surface. A thousand colors danced across it as the fractal shapes formed and shattered, formed and shattered. She looked at her hand which stung but showed no outer sign of damage.

o0 Oh Connor. What have you done? 0o

She turned and faced the display before them. It was obvious that it was Earth, rendered in precise detail, its’ one lonely satellite orbiting it. If Connor’s life did not hang in the balance Ayemet would have found this a thing of beauty

Collins: Is that...Earth?

Ar’Gorvalei: It appears so.  ::Looking at Gareth-6:: How do we use this to return home?

Gareth-6: If that is where you wish to go, the appropriate corridor will open when you are ready.

Jacin: Mister Ar’Gorvalei, status of Ensign Dewitt?

 Ar’Gorvalei: His vitals - heart rate, respiration, brain activity - they’re reaching dangerous levels. I don't think he can sustain this for much longer.

Ayemet looked towards Commander Collins, she could not bring herself to speak up, besides he had left no doubt earlier about who was in command, and given the natures of their last interaction she thought it unwise to challenge him again. All she wanted was for Connor to be freed. Whatever she felt, whatever doubts or frustrations boiled inside of her, none of that mattered.  They just needed to free Connor, and make sure that his family would not be recipients of those. Fateful messages delivered to the families and loved ones of those who were lost in duty to the ethos of Starfleet.

Any: RESPONSE

Ar’Gorvalei: ::Turning to Gareth-6 and stepping toward him angrily:: Release him! Your machine is going to kill him! He’s not a telepath; his mind can’t take much more of this!

There was a loud thud and Ayemet turned to see the source of the disturbance. She saw Connor drop to the floor. She didn’t hesitate, immediately running towards Connor, who was shaking slightly a strange look on his face. The sense of shock, puzzlement, excitement, that bled from him was intoxicating , and Ayemet closed her eyes briefly as she fought to contain it, control it. She put one arm under Connor and sat him up, pushing the hair from his eyes

Dewitt: I… This… I’m back. ::thin smile::

Jacin : sharply:What on Bajor were you thinking? :her expression softened and she smiled weakly: I made her a promise to your Mother Connor. Your Mother! I swear next time you do something like this you won’t need to worry about dining because I’ll kill you!

Dewitt: Response

She shook her head half laughing half sighing and standing up allowed herself to breath out, convinced that Connor was now safe.

Any: Response

Dewitt: That console… Like Ayemet supposed… It’s the way to communicate what we want. I saw Earth.

Jacin: So you sim[ly think of a destination and the device opens a corridor or passage if you will that allows you to travel there.

Any: Response

Dewitt: I came back, because I chose to. They did not force me to do anything. I guess that connection takes a special mind to hold.

She  caught Connor’s gaze, and for some reasons felt guilt, turning from him and looking at her tricorder. Anything to appear to be busy. Bit she couldn’t deny it. Coolant truly hide it.
Ayemet felt that pang of excitement, of linking to the machine, of the places she could see, the things she could discover, the chance to finally use her empathic abilities for a singular purpose, to help get the crew home, but if truth be told she wasn’t certain that she would be able to control the energy of the station, nor her inner desire to interface with it. Maybe that was why she resented Commander Collins, why she was so upset; because deep down she knew he was right.

Any: Response

Dewitt: ::to Ayemet:: Don’t stay too long. They’re looking for some Guardian… to take over the place? And remember, I left on my own free will. They abide by their own Wayfarer’s Code. Whomever they are.

Jacin: Connor, I appreciate the voice of confidence :looking at Commander Collins: But the decisions been made. The Commander has expressly forbade me from connecting with the station. :turning back to face Connor: He doesnt think I would be able to handle it :beat; and maybe he’s right.

Any: Response

Dewitt: Commander, I think this is the way.

--

TAG/TBC

--

Lieutenant Jg Jacin Ayemet