Counselor R'ariel: Growing Stronger In Succession

R'Ariel

Oct 13, 2021, 2:27:34 PM10/13/21
to USS Arrow – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( USS Arrow - Office ))

Serinus: We all have our jobs to do, Counselor.

R'Ariel wasn't too fond of referencing her position, or ranks, and other such military-like matters in her counseling sessions.  She preferred when it could come down to more comfortable conversation, that however was something that either would come naturally with her gentle coaxing and demeanor or it would not.  The strong emotions he was feeling was very understandable.

R'Ariel: True, I don't envy your job, I commend you for it.

Serinus: None of this changes that I stood so close to two men dying unspeakable deaths.

She closed her eyes, and let the silence take the room for a moment.

R'Ariel: So I don't forget, if you would, sometime today I want you to check out a short reading titled: "To Gain You Must First Lose", I think you will find its contents useful, I know, I did, in fact I have read it so many times, I swear I think sometimes I can see the words when I close my eyes sometimes.

Serinus: Response

R'Ariel: Many Caitians believe that death is only the beginning of another improved chapter in life. When we lose people, it is only then that they can add another level of meaning to our lives, if we let them.  We honor their life as we knew it, and they in turn will continue to enrich our lives through subtle changes in the fates that help guide us.  Each life growing stronger in succession.  I think of this often when I reflect on the loss of my siblings.  If this is true, then every time I make a difference, they make a difference, and each life I touch, opens up another possibility for this to grow.

Serinus: Response

R'Ariel: Perhaps you are familiar with this belief, or something similar from your own background?

Serinus: Response

TAG

Lieutenant R'Ariel
Chief Medical Officer