MSNPC DaiMon Blet - Misanthropes, misfits, mean mugs, and more.

Joseph George

Oct 22, 2020, 6:55:08 PM10/22/20
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Deck 1, Conference Room, USS Arrow))

Dau: Knowledge itself is the sharpest tool in one's arsenal. Without it, every sentient being is like a mere baby, grasping and crying for sustenance and attention.

Blet chuckled and grinned.

Blet: I suppose that is one way to put it.

Dau: And to use the parlances of your race, knowledge is worth a substantial sum, to those who see its true worth.

Blet: That, I've found oh so true.

The ways were numerous, blackmail, espionage, insider trading, and so many other delightful ways to profit.

The Orion Pirate Captain entered with the same two junior officers.

Ghant: The rest of the local color, I assume?

R'Ariel: Response

Wilde: Help yourselves to more refreshments. We only have three more captains joining us today.

The Caladonian stood, and Blet mirrored him, trying his best not to be distracted by the figure of the newest guest.

Dau: I hope that you and your crew have not been too inconvenienced by this Sheliak blockade, Captains.

Ghant: Oh, how sweet of you to say. I find blockades to be mere problems not yet solved in my line of trade, but I will admit to a certain...pressure to them as of late.

Blet: Difficulties are just opportunities we haven't sorted out yet. Rule of Acquisition 158.

Dau: My crew, as ever, busies themselves with scientific advancement in the lull. We are quite comfortable.

Ghant: Is that right? And just HOW...comfortable can a Caldonian really get, I wonder...

Blet: I'm sure their accommodations are less Spartan than this old fighter's.

Dau: Alas we have nothing to steal, or goods valuable enough to barter with. Mine is a science vessel, and my experiments of no use to anyone but my crew, for now. Though depending on how the blockade unfolds, the tides may yet turn. The universe tends to be balanced in most things.

The Orion snorted at this, and Blet too thought that for all his intelligence the scientist lacked much common sense.

Ghant: And the universe has been made aware of this, I trust? I hate to be living an uninformed reality, Captain.
He gave a cryptic warning.

Blet: Best to know what one knows, and what one doesn't know. . .

Dau: As you so rightly say, DaiMon Blet. Knowledge is a powerful tool... in the right hands, of course.

Ghant: So is a rapier...

The Ferengi scratched his right ear.

Blet: That's intriguing. One could infer a threat from that. . .

Where was this going? Before any more could be said, a familiar Klingon staggered into the room, reaking of a lifelong binge.  Not far away was a Cardassian, the kind that one would need something stronger than booze to tolerate the company of.

General Murkad bellowed his way, and he scampered to intercept.

Murkad: ::in what he thought was a whisper, but was anything but::  DaiMon, you'll have my next cask of you-know-what on time, won't you?

Blet put on his most "charming" smile.

Blet: Of course, General. There is the issue of the other buyer. ::He paused for dramatic effect::  He's offered me 1 more bar of gold plated latinum than our former price.

Murkad: ::incensed:: What?! You grubby little thieving taHqeq! Fine, I'll pay that price, but the wine better not be turning this time!

Blet: Oh, I don't use that seller any more. ::Performing an actual whisper, unlike some people.:: I don't think anyone will be buying from him again.

After another Klingon threatened to make a hat out of Blek's face, he had readily given up the person who sold him the turned Bloodwine. Ripping off addicts was a dangerous proposition, and Klingons even more so. Blet avoided ripping of Klingon addicts, especially.

Murkad: My apologies, Captain. Pressing business, but it can wait. Please, continue.

Shayne/Any: response

Gul Dukal was slinking in the most shadowed chair, as Ghant helped herself to hooman snacks. He went to survey the beverages, hoping they had Eelvasser. And finding a bottle, he took it back to his seat, popping it open, just as the Starfleet staff began to take their seats.

Blet turned his attention to their host, waiting for him to start the proceedings.

Tag/TBC

Blet
DaiMon
F.M.S. Kasseka