MSNPC Senna Kor - Kor's Gambit

1 view

Cobalt Penumbra

Mar 4, 2024, 7:38:00 PMMar 4
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((OOC - I decided that the Emisans count in base 11, since the tail is one, and then ten fingers. So I kept the flavor of that here in the sim. Seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, eleventy-one (12), eleventy-two (13) and so on… This will be only when spoken by an Emisan. Narrative text remains base 10, otherwise my head would get hurty. Furthermore, since the away team is in spacesuits, I imagine that the Emisans will not hear any dialogue from the away team unless you intentionally turn on the speakers or whatever. So I put in a generic placeholder for your tags, feel free to put in whatever you want in there from whoever.))

((Unknown Deep Caverns, Emisa III))

Senna sat with the people. Some ate, some slept, others sang, and some just held each other and waited. The burden of Clan Leadership meant that she could not go in the War Party. But she was ready if either the Arosathi or Rodonthi showed up to harass them. With most of the warriors away or otherwise occupied, every Clan member here was prepared for violence. While they were all going to die if they couldn’t stop the Death Towers, none of them would permit their last moments together to be cut short by enemy tribes.

Putting her tail high and a slight smile on her face, she tried her best to project the hope that she felt inside for the people. Even she had doubts, but it was the best that she could do until Sullustis returned… or failed to return.

((Caves, Near the Surface of Drill Site Gamma, Emisa III))

War Captain Sullustis had selected a large group: over fifty warriors. Most of them were scouts, armed with a knife in each hand and a serrated razor-sharp tail-fitting. Fifteen or so were brawlers, outfitted with tail maces, long knives, and throwing knives too. The rest were keen-eyed gunners. These ones carried fléchette launchers and they had several poisons available for the honed blades of the projectiles. They could paralyze or kill, depending on the kind of fight they expected. They worked best at range but would do in a pinch close up.

Senna had been clear that she wanted at least two captured. But Sullustis was not one to do the minimum. He wanted them all brought back to answer for their crimes. The Moon People had set such death and destruction upon their own home world with their Death Towers. Untold numbers were killed or driven from their homes and despite all this, they ignored the pleas over the wireless for it to stop. No, they would be brought back and made to answer. Justice demanded it. Senna demanded it.

Sullustis: ::To the crowd of Warriors:: Gather and listen. Our scouts report that the Moon People have landed a very small group. And they are stomping around up there, showing no care at all if we see them. We shall accommodate their folly. Our goal is to capture. Affix paralytic poisons to all blades and fléchettes. Using our caves, we will divide our forces into six teams. Four of the teams will approach, one from each direction. The team in front of our opponents will remain hidden until the other teams engage. Team five will take positions on the ridge lines on both sides of the valley and target them with the long-range projectiles. Team six will hide under the rocks at the base of the tower. Should our enemies make it past all of us, team six will kill any who make it that far. Questions?

Salrah: War Captain. For team six, are we also to use the paralytics?

Sullustis: No, you are the last resort. Heavy doses of poison eleventy-five. Even a pinprick should kill them, if they get to you. Take no chance.

Salrah nodded his reply and Sullustis looked around at his comrades, his tail flying high with pride.

Sullustis: You are the finest of the Kurmishoi. Long have we trained and practiced. Each of you has had many kills, has had many battles. But today is the day we touch the enemy who has been beyond our reach… until now. Tails, straight and proud, and then move out.

((Timeskip, Emisan III Surface, near Drill Site Gamma))

((OOC - insert any away team responses/chat/discussion here, the Emisans can’t hear you since you are in suits, unless you intentionally broadcast externally.))

Sullustis knew it was all out of his hands now. The plan was in motion and all he could do was watch as his warriors executed their tasks. The Moon People made a straight line for the Death Tower, which matched perfectly with Sullustis’ combat plan. At the appointed location, the four teams revealed themselves, ready for combat. Team five, hidden in the ridges, had the long-range fléchette launchers targeted on the four villains. And team six was ready in case all the other teams failed.

Thirty some Warriors, outfitted for the most brutal of combat, surrounded the enemy at the correct tactical distance for their poison throwing knives, but also far enough away that the ranged weapons could shower their opponents with poisoned metal blades without posing a threat to the Kurmishoi. The Moon People stopped short and took in the situation.

Sullustis: ::Shouting, coming out from behind a large boulder in front of the Away Team:: Moon People! Surrender or die!

The War Captain watched carefully, his people were on the knife’s edge, ready to attack. Oddly, he noticed that the Moon People’s armor hid their tails. How strange to not be able to communicate or fight correctly while wearing it. What a strange choice. They were a bit bigger than was usual though. He wondered if the Moon People were all the same colors? Golden or copper? Or maybe silvery like him? He couldn’t tell through their armor. No matter.

The slightest provocation would be enough to start the carnage. Whatever happened next would determine which way it would go.

Away Team: Responses?

TAGS/TBC

MSNPC Senna Kor

Clan Leader of the Kurmishoi