Ensign Ceilidh Slipka - Curiosity and Conversations

1 view

Christopher Huskins

May 27, 2023, 10:01:05 PM5/27/23
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((OCC: No biggie about Slipka's position, actually added flavor to the conversation, Lieutenant Commander Waters readjusting to the Arrow and her new crew.))

((Gymnasium, Deck 2, U.S.S Arrow))

Waters: I used to. But no longer. This... ::tapping the crown again:: Is
a design of Collins. It was made to replace the implant years ago. It is
more flexible.

Slipka: Interesting, that would explain the more emoting of the words, however there appears to be a slight, barely noticeable lag. I was reading that Doctor Trevino has designed a nanonite that will be placed in the Broca' area of a beings then another nanonite placed in the motor cortex; it is said to provide those affected with muteness of any form a natural speech pattern. Not that the device you have is inefficient. So how does it work actually, what I mean is how.... :: Sound of the gymnasium doors sliding open. ::

Ceilidh could feel another being enter, she turned to see who it was, at the same time she noticed Commander Water's dog
yawn and stir, apparently awoken by the activity.  The dog sat up and looked around, her tail thumping the floor lightly.

Waters: Ensign Zabi, I presume?

Zabi: And good morning to you. sir. ::He looked over to Slipka: And you too. All better, now?

Slipka: Mostly, still get some headaches and blurred vision in my eye; but learned to listen to the docs about treatment next time.

Ceilidh was starting to get anxious with the presence of Ensign Zabi; it was one thing to chat with Commander Waters about her implant, yet she was unsure how to proceed with conversations outside her comfort zone of technology.

Slipka: How is the Helm and Ops station looking? haven't had a chance to get back to the bridge and follow up on the repairs.

Zabi: Response

Waters: I see there is a great enthusiasm for the gymnasium facilities here.

Zabi: What is the human phrase? Early bird gets the worm?

Waters: Correct, Ensign.

Ceilidh heard the dog shake herself behind the trio. She heard the animals' claws tick tack on the deck as it approached.
Suddenly the dog planted herself in a seated position between Slipka and Zabi, her innocent, friendly gaze moving between the
two as her tail moved back and forth.

Slipka: ::Looking at the animal, then Commander Waters.::  May I pet your dog?

Waters: Response

Slipka: I have seen a few of Terra's dogs, as I understand it there are several breeds, then there are ones called 'mutts' that are crossbreeds of the pure blood line. Am I correct? If so, what is this particular dog? Also does she have a name?

Waters: Response

Zabi: Response

Tag, TBC

Ensign Ceilidh Slipka