(Resend) Lieutenant Commander Artinus Serinus - Barairi Safari.

1 view

Joseph George

Jul 24, 2021, 8:47:32 PM7/24/21
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((OOC: Accidentally forgot to include the title in my last sim))

((Genti II - Grand Central Establishment, Federal District.  Brynja Bairiri Hall - Central Courtyard))

Alvarez: Welcome to the Brynja Bairiri Hall!  Quite a spectacular location, don't you think?

Rodan: It's incredible!

Artinus glanced around. The lovely flowers, the artificial stream meandering about the courtyard, and delightful smell made for a sensual delight. Even the Magna Roman, born and raised in a city of monumental architecture was thoroughly impressed.

Serinus: Quite wondrous.

Anyone: Response

Alvarez: Well, our display is to the east.  It's actually pretty extensive - we managed to get some original artwork on short order delivered by autonomous shuttle.  The crew also contributed a lot - if you have something you'd still like to put up, you're absolutely welcome to, but now would be the time.  The Gentii displays are in the west and north wings.  I haven't managed to look too closely yet, so maybe you'd care to join me for a stroll?

Rodan: Of course, and it's a great evening for it.

Alvarez: The "food court," for lack of a better term, is to the south along with the main performance stage.  I did manage to try some food - it's really something.  There's something I can only describe as a barbequed lettuce wrap... That's not even really it.  It's crispy and juicy... tangy and spicy... just delicious.  I'd be down to sample more of that too.  Of course, we have several replicators set up too, as well as a couple of dishes made with aeroponics groceries.

Rodan: You really have outdone yourself. This is like a Risian resort complex... only nicer and less tacky.

Serinus: I moved my cheat day so I could sample the local cuisine. And it sounds like I made the right choice.

The Magna Roman palate was famous for it's love of strong flavors. Being such an important part of his culture, Artinus' diet could only let him splurge only occasionally.

He made a grin which made his cheeks dimple. He didn't mind Risa, really. But the staging area for this Bairiri was something else. The food sounded good, and Maz felt his stomach growl with anticipation.

Alvarez: Performances will be a little later today.  We're expecting thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of Gentii citizens to stop in and look for at least a bit, so no pressure if you don't want to go up there.  We'll do something holographic if we need to supplement.  Heck, I'm not sure if I want to go up there after everything.

Anyone: Response

Rodan: What about the running order? Who's up first?

Alvarez/Anyone: Response

Rodan: I mean... I could. I've warmed up crowds before, but none in the range of tens of thousands!

Artinus: I've wrestled in plenty of tournaments with crowds like that, but my display today will be entirely different.

He didn't want to give away too much, for one, he didn't want to give anyone any expectations. He was still unsure of himself in this new skill he had been acquiring.

Alvarez/Anyone: Response

Rodan: Oh I have it all figured out... ::He pulled an isolinear chip from his pocket which was coded with the holo-band and accompanying lighting effects and waved it around seductively.:: "Bad Maz Nevron and The New Breed". My Academy band. Just... don't laugh at the outfits. Or the hairstyles. We were young and stupid.

Alvarez/Anyone: Response

Rodan: Also, I have something else which might take the edge off opening night nerves.

He watched as the Trill retrieved the bottle of what looked to be sunshine, before passing it off to the Ops Officer.

Rodan: That is Trill Mead. So sweet you'll get diabetes. So strong it'll knock your spots off.

Again, his mouth watered, with the threat of overwhelming tastes.

Alvarez/Anyone/Rodan: Response

Serinus: Personally, I was going to sample the food first, that way I won't be too full when it's time to perform.

Alvarez/Anyone/Rodan: Response

Serinus: I guess we shall meet again in a while.

Alvarez/Anyone/Rodan: Response

Tag/TBC

--

- Lieutenant Commander Artinus Serinus