Capt. Shayne: The Old Couple Squabble

Quinn

Jan 29, 2023, 4:05:13 PM1/29/23
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((Deck 1, Captain’s Ready Room, USS Arrow))

Shayne: Good. Commander Niac will be in command of the bridge for this operation. We’ll converge with him on plans.

Perim/Hobart/Collins: Response

His eyes flashed towards Ash and her vibrant red hair as she strolled purposefully. Her body language told him much of what he needed to know. The fact that she was moving with such purpose, and yet willing to wait until his immediate business was concluded with the rest of the bridge crew, told him that she was interested in speaking to him, probably in private, and definitely with something urgent.

Collins/Hobart/Perim: Response

MacKenna: May I see you in your ready room, Captain. I have something I wish to discuss.

He returned her stare pointedly, though he kept his features neutral, both for her sake and the crew’s. This was not going to be an enjoyable conversation.

Shayne: Of course, Commander. Mr. Collins, you’ve got the bridge. Again.

Collins/Bridge: Responses (if any)?

Shayne followed her into the ready room, and held his eyes to the ceiling, waiting for the concluding hiss of the door before he gave his attention to his fiance. Anything said before then would not be heard. He took privacy very seriously.

MacKenna: Response

Shayne: Before anything else, please know I appreciate you bringing it in here.

Though he was not prone to taking pride in his actions, he felt rather smarmy about those words, even if he didn’t show it. It served a dual purpose. If her mission here was constructive- encouragement or voicing concerns- than it would act as an olive branch. If it wasn’t, it would remind her most assuredly of the occasion where she and Serinus and Collins had overstepped their authority, leading to one of the angriest moments of his command of Arrow. Even with his beloved, he fought to win; he respected her and what she was too much to do anything else.

MacKenna: Response

Shayne: Commander, the mission is launching in a matter of hours. We do not have the time, and I do not have the inclination, to make major changes at this juncture.

MacKenna: Response

Tag/TBC…

Captain Randal Shayne

Commanding Officer