PNPC Lieutenant JG Darrell Manx - Spawnpoint

Joseph George

Nov 27, 2022, 12:58:28 AM11/27/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Starboard Bow, Deck 6, USS Arrow))

Commander Wilde continued to read her tri-corder in what seemed to be an anxious manner, before she turned and spoke to him.

Wilde: We need to move, and quickly.

Darrell pivoted toward the hallway as he heard a noise. Phaser at the ready as an adult Chalnoth walked in. The two Security members aimed their rifles at the new arrival, once again displaying their lack of muzzle discipline. Lucky for the new arrival they were a little better about the triggers, this time.

Hallack: ::Hands in air, to Scully and Hitchcock:: I mean no harm, I’m here to help.

Wilde: Help? Who are you? What are you doing here?

Darrell watched the Chalnoth curiously, and with the advisable amount of caution. He furrowed his brow, there was something familiar about the man.

Hallack: I am Hallack, first of Messoq and second in command of the Saracen. I am seeking the cubs of Messoq. Mr. Jones had indicated you might have them contained here. ::Looks around:: Where are they?

Wilde: Wait... cubs? You have children on that warship?

Manx: Interesting.

Did whole family units usually live on Chalnoth ships or were these extraordinary circumstances? These supposedly trivial details were worth knowing from an Intel point of view, they could help the Federation understand this illusive society better.

Hallack: They appear to have escaped … protective custody on the Saracen, sabotaged ship systems as a prank and transported here. They are very clever, but this … this is beyond what I would expect…

Wilde: Well we did see some children earlier, but our scans didn't last long.

Manx: They were last spotted heading this way. Then they went dark.

Halleck: Response

Commander Wilde tossed her tri-corder toward the Chalnoth second with a smirk on her face.

Wilde: Well if they're not holograms, explain to me why our sensors detect no life signs?

It did seem unlikely, not as ridiculous as it had before the second in command of the friendly ship came looking for them in person, though.

Halleck: Response

Manx: That sounds pretty unlikely.

Wilde: Then they're more adept at engineering than I am. A couple of geniuses your Captain is raising, it seems. ::She shook her head.:: No, I don't buy it. Something is playing havoc on our systems. Could it be affecting your systems too?

Manx: Perhaps there have been other unusual occurrences upon the Saracen?

Halleck/Wilde: Response

A sound from the replicator grabbed Darrell's attention, and he quickly turned his head toward it to see it spawning some kind of concrete colored foam that continued to expand from its place on the counter, up and out of the replicator pad flowing down the wall, and onto the floor with no signs of slowing down.

Manx: What in the world.

With one quick motion, he holstered his phaser and withdrew a tri-corder. He scanned the substance and the tri-corder practically wrote him a book.

Manx: Oh no.

Wilde/Halleck: Response

Manx: Everyone out.

Wilde/Halleck: Response

Manx: Your young charges obviously aren't here.

Exiting last, he tapped his combadge as he went through the door.

Manx: =/\= Manx to bridge.=/\=

Bridge: =/\= Response =/\=

Manx: =/\= Lock down the new crew lounge. We need a full seal.=/\=

Bridge: =/\= Response =/\=

Manx: =/\= The bugs are back. =/\=

Bridge: =/\= Response =/\=

Manx: =/\= I'll explain when I get back up there. Manx out. =/\=

Wilde/Halleck: Response

Manx: Something that happened several years ago upon the Arrow. Something bad. I'll explain more at the bridge.

 Tag/TBC

Lieutenant Junior Grade Darrell Manx
Intelligence Officer
USS Arrow
"Who knows what evils lurk in the heart of man? The Shadow knows"'

As simmed by:

--

- Lieutenant Commander Artinus Serinus

   Chief of Security

   USS Arrow,

   NCC-69829

   Publicity Team/Social Media Team/Image Collective

   C239607AS0 -