PNPC Lieutenant Tro'k - The Spices must flow

Joseph George

Aug 12, 2021, 3:12:57 PM8/12/21
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Exterior, Transporter Rooms, Deck 2, USS Arrow))

Tro'k was excited when he found out that there was a hot new Klingon restaurant on Deep Space 3, and since he was going down anyway, he sent a subspace reservation for 5 people. He didn't have a plan for whom to invite just yet. Making new friends in Star Fleet was not quite as hard as keeping his old ones in the KDF had been once he swore off alcohol, but he rarely socialized off duty anyway.

Dressed in the casual, light brown robes he preferred during off duty hours, the Klingon greeted a few of his crew mates who were waiting for their trips aboard as well.

Any: response

Tro'k: I have a reservation at Wejwa', the new Klingon restaurant at 1800. I can bring up to four guests, if any of you are interested. In the meantime, I think I'd like to tour the facilities.

Any: response

((OOC: Feel free to join the tour, and fill in the gaps with backsims, or meet there. For brevitys sake, I shall skip to dinner for now. And by no means, feel limited by the reserved number of spots if more people want in. Someone else in the scene can even invite you to come.))

((IC))

((Exterior, Wejwa', Deck 8, Deep Space 3))

The entirety of the outside was hidden by an artificial rock formation, a twenty foot tall hill of gray granite, that seemed to be chiseled out of what looked to be one singular monolithic stone.

Above the solitary cave entrance on the left wall, a sign was bolted. The Wejwa' logo, with a Bat'leth in the background, and the dark red lettering arching downwardly spelling out the name in Federation Standard.

The potent aromas of meat, smoke, blood, alcohol and spice clashed together in a beautifully violent battle, dancing in the air as they approached. For those with weaker constitutions, the spice wafting about might even be enough to make their noses run. It smelled of riotous joy, childhood, and revelry to Tro'k. And temptation, the liquor bringing him back to invigorating parties of the past, then he remembered all of the hangovers and sour stomachs. It was almost enough to vanquish his appetite, almost.

Any: response

Tro'k: Yes, a majestic facade. I'm quite intrigued, the inside must be even more incredible. Shall we?

Any:response

Being the resident Klingon exchange Officer, Tro'k forged ahead, taking point as he and his Federation crew mates passed into the cave mouth.

((Interior, Wejwa', Deck 8, Deep Space 3))

Traversing deeper, inside the authentic looking cave, 5 feet brought him and those behind to a rightward turn.

Any: response

Another 5 feet brought another right turn, then a straight shot ten feet deeper, from which a soft light could be seen to emanate. The scents grew more urgent and primal as they stalked toward the growing light.

Any: response

((Dining Room, Wejwa', Deck 8, Deep Space 3))

He passed from the final  tunnel, into the cavern. Few would call a Klingon restaurant romantic, including this one, but the lighting certainly was. Artificial candles in niches along the wall, cast soft light. A practical design choice for such a fantastical establishment, meant to be comfortable enough for both the Klingon staff's eyes and those of the usual patrons, who favored more light.

The cavern walls were some fifteen feet tall, tapering up to a natural looking vaulted ceiling, and besides the artificial candles, were adorned with various Klingon decorations. Opposite the tunnel, centered on the back wall, a ten foot tall statue of a Klingon man stood vigil in white granite, an onyx Bat'leth at his feet. A variety of Klingon weapons were mounted on plaques on the walls, as well as the banners of all of the great houses.

Flanking the statue on either side were pairs of swinging doors in a dark wood akin to a mahogany finish that lead to and from the kitchen.

The floor was stone, but not solid blocks, or tiles. Individual stones were laid side by side and mortared together like one large outdoor walking path.

The cavern held a dozen large feast tables in the same wood as the doors to the kitchen. Some were full, others were set, one was surely waiting on them.

And right in front of the visitors from the Arrow, stood a podium, carved with elaborate dueling scenes out of the same rich wood. Behind the podium was a middle aged Klingon man in red robes.

Greeter: Greetings honored guests! Welcome to Wejwa'. Walk in or reservation?

Tro'k: Reservation for Tro'k.

The greeter counted those assembled and then escorted them to the nearest empty table, where menus and chopsticks were waiting for them.

Greeter: Sit, guests. A server shall attend to you shortly!

And with that, the Klingon returned to his station.

Tro'k looked around joviously.

Any: response

Tro'k: Yes, I only hope that the food is as good as the aesthetic. And what does everyone else think?

Any: response

Tro'k: I think I see our server coming now.

Tag/TBC

PNPC Lieutenant Tro'k

Klingon Defense Force, Quarter Master's Corps.

Exchange Officer to the USS Arrow (Ops)

As simmed by:

--

- Lieutenant Commander Artinus Serinus