Lieutenant jg Connor Dewitt - Don't Enter that Door

Tim

Jan 29, 2023, 5:11:46 AM1/29/23
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((USS Arrow, Deck 5, Living History Annex))

Dewitt: ::chuckling:: Yeah... This is definitely not the right place to
be mindful. Which is why I usually only come here when I am in the
mood... or to try to help a friend.

The two men's eyes met for a moment. Connor could feel Ar'Gorvalei's
gratitude and a warmth of familiarity filling his chest.

Ar'Gorvalei: Thank you. I think … I needed to hear that.

Dewitt: My pleasure. Next time, I am too deep in there, you'll pull me out.

The Efrosian stood up and straightened his uniform. The day could start
anew for him. It was those moments when he felt like he could do
anything. Connor knew that feeling, and he liked it.

As the moment passed, Connor had to admit that he did not always live by
the advice he had just given. It was hard enough. And it was so easy to
drift back into these tempting thought patterns.

Ar'Gorvalei: If it is … not inappropriate to ask, may I … may I call you
Connor?

As the engineer stood up, he put on a warm smile looking at Ar'Gorvalei.
There were a lot of feelings rising up at this moment, but the most
prominent ones were a sort of intimacy and connection to the doctor.

Dewitt: I'd be honored.

Ar'Gorvalei nodded, smiling.

Ar'Gorvalei: You may call me Gorva, my family nickname.

The two men approached the junction where they would go different ways
as Ar'Gorvalei clapped Connor on the shoulder.

Ar'Gorvalei: ::smiling:: Except possibly not around my family, that
might give the wrong impression.

Dewitt: ::chuckling:: Oh, I'll be looking forward to that!

As he turned around to make his way to the supply lockers, he enjoyed
the warm feeling for a couple of moments before his mind deviated again.
He remembered lying in sickbay after the last time they had been
confronted with the Sheliak. In his mind, the door to familiar thought
patterns opened. He knew all too well what the Efrosian was going
through. And these doors probably where something one had to live with.
But he had to be in control once in a while. And today he was! He would
not enter that door!

NT/END

--
Lt.jg. Connor Dewitt