Lieutenant Junior Grade Chloe Waters: Another Variable

Jesse F

Feb 8, 2021, 10:39:51 PM2/8/21
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((OOC: I'm doing this as a separate post in order to not slow down
either of the plots going on on the bridge at this point, so they don't
get confused. Once things with the away team get to a certain point I'll
join the two threads together again. Also, this may count as power
simming slightly, but I got the intentions for Grettze's actions ahead
of time.))

IC:

((Bridge, Deck 1 -- U.S.S Arrow))

As Chloe watched the viewscreen, something caught her eye. The craft,
the small craft she had allowed to dock with the Arrow not too long ago,
seemed to be departing from the ship. But it wasn't moving in the
direction she would've liked. It was moving towards the planet's
surface. What were they up to this time?

Alvarez: Response

Waters: Hail them.

Alvarez: Response

Chloe sighed softly. So, they wanted to play difficult, did they? That
was just fine with her.

Waters: Yellow alert. Open a channel on wide band subspace, but patch
the feed to my console directly.

Alvarez: Response

As the bridge lighting darkened around her, Chloe huffed softly and
stared at her display with her classic icy glare.

Waters: =/\= Sheliak shuttle, Captain Grettze, this is the Federation
starship Arrow. Our sensors indicate you are on a course for the colony
on Theta122. As you have no claim to this territory pursuant to the
treaty of Armends, and as we have an away team down on the surface, you
will state your intentions immediately. Otherwise, inferior vessel or
not, we will defend this colony to the best of our abilities. Respond. =/\=

Grettze: =/\= Response =/\=

Chloe stared with one eye on the image of the Sheliak before her, the
other monitoring the position of the probes in the atmosphere as she did
her best to keep the arrangement stable, made a little more tricky by
the fact that she didn't have her full attention on it.

Waters: =/\= If that is your intention, then I am certain you would not
mind relaying data to confirm your actions are as you say they are, as
you take them. Am I incorrect? =/\=

As Chloe spoke, her face hardened, eyes seemingly unbothered by the
strange form she was staring at. She stared at the Sheliak with an
expression of... challenge, before ducking her head slightly and
allowing the harsh lighting of a yellow alert panel... a blinking yellow
alert panel...  placed on the opposite wall of her console to shine
directly into her screen. Chloe knew how the light bothered the Sheliak,
and she was also aware of how they valued their position. And how this
captain valued his dominance. That was something Chloe did her best to
project in this moment. This was not Sheliak territory, and they had no
rights here. But Starfleet did have a purpose here. Protecting civilians.

After allowing the light to hit her console for a moment, Chloe
casually, slowly lifted her head, looking at the figure on her screen
expectantly.

Grettze: =/\= Response =/\=

Tag, TBC

Lieutenant JG Chloe Waters