MSNPC Lieutenant S'dor Grumm - I am Spartacus!

Joseph George

Jan 26, 2023, 5:00:30 PM1/26/23
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Solitary Confinement Cell Gamma, Hab 1, Sheliak Mining Camp))

Grumm frowned deeply, agonizing.

Grumm: That's it?

It could have been a thousand years, but only about two? That was more shocking.

Sokova: They would bring you out occasionally, under heavy sedation, for a work crew detail. But after your last escape attempt, I guess they thought it was easier to keep you in here.

This brought out mixed emotions in the giant Brikar. The Sheliak Bastards must have thought that they would get a powerful propaganda victory against the rest of their slaves by dragging out the monster that had resisted them at every turn, and parading him in front of his peers to join them in their tasks. But thinking that even though he was so drugged out that he had totally forgotten all about it, he'd tried his best to escape, that brought a tiredly bemused smirk to his rocky face. His contemplation was broken when the Security Officer spoke.

Sokova: And take that from you...

She nodded to a chest, and he lumbered to it. Each step felt lighter, until he bent over and grabbed the harness and donned it.  He was a new man, still tired, and adjusting to movement with muscle atrophied from inactivity, but no longer weighted down by the constrictions of his own body within normal gravity.

All the worst part of his confinement involved not having this handy contraception on his body. The helplessness of immobility had been more than physical, it had taken a very real mental and emotional toll as well. They'd never broken his will, but S'dor had no idea if they had come close.

Looking back, he noticed that his colleague had  acquired one of the Sheliaks' disruptors. He strolled more easily than he had before, to another body and helped himself to one as well.

Sokova had stationed herself at the door, and was moving tactically to exit. This was certainly advisable, since her skin wasn't handily invulnerable to energy weapons like his was.

The two began to advance cautiously out of the door, the Brikar ducking beneath it, and even slouching a little in the hallway.

Sokova:Shuttlebay. If we don't slow up, we should get there before they realize we are gone.

He and Arianna had never been super close before, but he'd thought he'd known her better than that.

Grumm: You are-

She cut him off with a dramatic whirl and a demand that he finish the very sentence she had cut him off from in the first place.

She really was afraid of a Court Marshall it seemed. Grumm found that utterly ridiculous. Compared to this place, the New Zealand penal colony was practically Risa. Maybe she was more worried about the humiliation that being charged with a Mutiny would bring upon her and her family.  But what did she know about humiliation, either? She's never been stationarily trapped in her own body, and had a feeding tube run down her throat to keep her alive; or drug out as a drugged out prop by the slave masters to make a point to the other, weaker willed and weaker bodied thralls.

Grumm: There's too much to do.

The second they had been captured, S'dor had declared a private little war on the Sheliak. He was no man's slave, he was a proud and strong Brikar from a loving family with a proud lineage, he was a commissioned officer in StarFleet. He was Lieutenant S'Dor Grumm, second in command of the USS Arrow Engineering Department.

And now, weapon in hand, finally able to move, with an unexpected but not unwelcome ally beside him; after years of humiliation and ingeniously hands-off torture, he was being asked to abandon the fight..

Not on his life, not on his stony cold corpse.

Sokova:  I...truly cannot believe you. After all this time-

Guard <Gross Indecipherable Barking>

As fluidily as she had just turned on him she swung back around and fired on the patrol. Grumm lifted his own disruptor and let out a couple shots as well, he was no crack shot though, much preferring to use his brute strength in a melee brawl especially with such squishy opponents. He did land a shot, only then realizing as the Sheliak guard froze in place, that the weapon was still set on stun. As he corrected this mistake, it seemed that Arianna had vapourized enough of the patrol to set the remaining members into a retreat.

Sokova:There's nothing here worth saving. I am getting out. Do whatever you want.

This was patently false, the Federation could absolutely use the intel, and their fellow prisoners could surely use the contents of the arms room that must be located here in the most secure of the hab blocks. Still, there were more pressing matters.

She pressed on, and he called to her as she went.

Grumm: Not things, people! Our friends and crew mates. The Sokova I met a few dozen times before, would have done anything to save those people!

And in fact, in her own twisted way, she already tried to all those years ago.

Alone again, he started back the way he came from. He had to get the lay of the land so that he could seize every advantage. He wished her luck, and reconsidered at least not escorting her forward, seeing as she was heading toward the area where the patrol had retreated to.

With a laborious sigh, he turned heel, and jogged the short way back to join her.

Grumm: It's just me.

Sokova: Response

Grumm: No, if you really want to leave that's on you. I owe you my freedom, and my mobility. The least I can do is get you to the shuttlebay in one piece.

Sokova: Response

Lt. S'dor Grumm
Starfleet Engineering
POW/MIA