Commander Ash MacKenna - Rumors and Reality

1 view

Marissa Jeffrey

Jan 27, 2023, 9:23:25 PM1/27/23
to USS Arrow
((Corridors, USS Arrow))

Rumors. The very perception of something being a certain way resulted in a tumbleweed of false confirmation of things that may or may not have been. And yet, with a crew as small as that which existed aboard the Arrow, rumors were a little bit more nuggets of truth, and a little less skewed by the travel they endured moving from person to person to person.

That was why she was walking as fast as she was, not stopping nor speaking to any on her way to the bridge.

If one knew her well enough, they might have said she was storming through the corridors despite her silent footfalls and graceful movements. If one knew her well enough, they might have been right, but the secretive intel officer was not all that well known.

She glided into the turbolift and sent it on its way with a word.

MacKenna: Bridge.

The Arrow might have been tough, but she was small, and that made for quick trips here and there and wherever she needed to go. Thus, she had no time to simmer or cool before the doors parted and spit her out onto the bridge, where she stumbled right into the reality of a rumor being absolutely true.

Shayne: Good. Commander Niac will be in command of the bridge for this operation. We’ll converge with him on plans.

Perim/Hobart/Collins: Response

Ash caught his eye as he swept the bridge, but waited for the others to speak.

Collins/Hobart/Perim: Response

Only when it seemed all things were momentarily settled, did she say her piece.

MacKenna: May I see you in your ready room, Captain. I have something I wish to discuss.

Her emerald eyes bore into him as her mind let the words she'd walked into rattle around in her mind.

Shayne: Response?

Bridge: Responses (if any)?

Letting her gaze drop, she moved towards the doors that would take them into that room. She'd not question him on the bridge, or even let that perception appear, but her concerns were just as valid as anyone else's, and she was going to be heard.

TAG/TBC

--
Commander Ash MacKenna
Chief Intelligence Officer